Thursday, December 31, 2009

Good bad days

I find hard to hold the tears sometimes...so sometimes I just let them go.
It is very difficult to be away from my family and friends...and country, especially in theses days when you are supposed to be always happy, around the ones you love.
I miss them.
I miss you.
I decided to read my scriptures before writing in my blog so I could write a better, happier entry. They do put things in perspective.
They can turn your BAD day to a GOOD day!
1 Nephi 19.
Nephi says he will write the more plain and precious things....sacred things....of great worth to him. But still, there will be who esteem them as nothing and trample them under their feet.
V.7,9:
"...Yeah, even the very God of Israel do men trample under their feet; I say trample under their feet but I would speak in other words- they set him as naught, and hearken not to the voice of his counsels.
And the world, because of their iniquity, shall judge him to be a thing of naught; wherefore they scourge him, and he suffereth it; and they smite him, and he suffereth it. Yeah, they spit upon him, and he suffereth it, because of his loving kindness and his long-suffering towards the children of men".

One thing I want to do this year, is not "trample" the scriptures, nor esteem them as nothing. But read them and study them, and "LIKEN THEM for my profit and learning". ( v 23). That's top of my list. Monday and Tuesday I didn't, so there goes my perfect report, but it won't happen again :D
How do I love second chances! Where, what would we be without them?
The chance to make it perfect.... and nobody counting the many "unsuccessful tries".
And then why do we find so hard to not judge people or give them the benefit of the doubt.... when we so need it for ourselves?
Why do we forget life is not a competition? This is not about who does more or who does better than who.... There is One who has already won... and He wants us all to win.
We need to focus more on our strengths than our weaknesses. That's how He sees us.
There is only One who is perfect, the rest of us are trying. We all need help.... each other's help... not each other's criticism or kicks down.
I want to keep this in mind this New Year.... many other things... I'll have to find some time and write them down. I need that to help me stay on track. It's so easy to get distracted, I hope I can dedicate my time and effort in what it is that matters most.

Happy New Year to All!!


1 comment:

Patricia said...

No llores mi nena, es super triste esto de k todas os vayais tan lejos..Menos mal k estamos en el mismo camino para pasar la eternidad juntos!