Monday, December 21, 2009

So that I could remember...

I said that I would write the scriptures I read...but I didn't and now I can't remember :(
It was good reading I'd tell you that. :D
I was really busy this weekend.
It was my b-day yesterday and after having been sick and having been most bored in the house, we went out on Friday....
We went to Earl's. I had been craving their prawn tacos.... it was great, exactly how I remembered :D
On Saturday we had a nice surprise thanks to the YW of our ward. They had prepared a little Christmas basket for our family.... It was amazing!!! So many yummy treats!!! And some handmade decorations... it was great!!!!
I did some shopping, nothing too exciting... well yes, the prime rib we'll have for Christmas Eve ( our little tradition ) and the super new chick tablecloth I got for our HUGE table. Oooooh it is beautiful!!!! I love it.
We had the Spanish Branch Christmas dinner. It was very different for the other two Ward's Parties I've been to. First: We didn't have turkey, we had Sirloin. And second: there was no Nativity message or Nativity Story... they had a missionary share his testimony and then DANCE!!! It was super fun!! I loved it. So many songs that brought so many memories... I loved , lOOOOOOOved it!
I forgot one other difference: they started and HOUR late! hahaha...what about that for a reputation!
Sunday at Church we had the Christmas presentation. It was lovely.
I had a good lesson on faith. I read so many pioneer's stories on faith. They are truly amazing and the Spirit was so strong the kids were even quiet and listened and were impressed and taught by it. I loved the class.
We got home and started hetting ready for the special dinner I had organized for today with the Leonard's ( the family from England we visited a while ago).
I made Spanish Tortillas, Croquetas, Melon con Jamon ( prosciutoo and honeydew melon) and PAELLA. I even got fresh seafood to make it with ( that I was excited about!) with Ceaser Salad ( ok, not too Spanish but that was the salad Evan will let me make).
Well... everything was great, but the paella didn't turned out good... I can't double a recipe for the life of me... I lose control and it doesn't turn out as good... but it was still good...just not Reeeeeeeeeally good! Oh well.. I'll have to make it again :D
No pictures were taken...(and my table looked BEAUTIFUL) but
I've felt so ugly all weekend I didn't want pictures.
So now I'm 29... not bad. Not bad at all :D
I forgot to mention I got a super special present from Evan... but that one is for a post of its own :D ( he's been that good!)
So it is my last year in the twenties.... I wonder how it will feel to turn 30.... the big 30. I've always had this image of a 30 year old woman and I'm quite excited to be THAT woman, so I don't think it will be a traumatic event....but we'll see. :D
It's been a super hard year, but I've grown so much that if I could, I'd live it again and try to grow a lot more than I've done.
I love my life. It is my most precious gift. My life, what I've done, what I am, what He is making of me, who He has placed in my way.... AMAZING....
I am ready for more, so bring it on!
:D

2 comments:

{irene} said...

guapa, no ofendas!!! old woman con 30?????....que depre...:)

Esther J. Clarke said...

oye...que no he dicho nada de old, eh???