Sunday, December 27, 2009

Last Sunday

It'se last Sunday of 2009.
I'm excited about 2010... and I'm excited about the Vancouver Winter Olympic Games. I was going to be a volunteer, but I haven't got any assignments yet, so I don't think I'm in :(
I can't believe I'm still sick. I am better, but I've been taking the medicine religiously every day for two full weeks...and nothing! So I'm trying something else....
We've had a nice Christmas.
This year Evan had the best reaction to the presents.
The night before they couldn't wait to go to sleep and they argued about who was going to be the first up to see the presents. Carmen thought it would be her, but everybody knows she is ALWAYS the last one getting up, I told her. She tried to convinced me with no luck.
So around 7 Isabel woke up, I brought her in bed with us, I nursed her for a while ( I sooooooo want to stop breastfeeding, but she won't!!!) but she was up for good, so we got up but they woudln't! So Evan had to stand in the hall way and said: Ho HO HO!!!. Next thing we know....Evan comes out of his room running straight to the tree and yelling: Santa came, Santa came!!! So he went and tried to get Carmen to get up...but she was to sleepy it took her a while to realize it was CHRISTMAS!
Evan was awesome!! You could never imagine what couple of cars and a race track could do to a three year old. I almost cried to see him so happy: " I wanted this, mommy, I wanted this!!"
He's been plying with it every second since :D
Carmen likes her presents too, but she didn't go all out about it. SO I'm glad I had an Evan :D
That day we had turkey dinner( thanks to Andrea) at Jordan and Tracy's. I'm glad we had a turkey dinner. It was gooood!.. and my spinach salad was the BOMB ( a 10 out of 10 according to Jordan).
The day after they played soccer in the morning, and Jordan came over with the girls to watch the games... not one but two. First Canada-Latvia (16-0) how embarrassing, poor guys... and then Montreal won...and that's always good. I like a happy hubby :D
This weekend I've had nice naps. The kids were good for me. So at night I've spent some good time with Evan, just us. It's been good. I miss him so much on busy days. He is always so warm, and I am always so cold, it is perfect cuddle time:D
So about the scripture reading...I can't believe I'm doing so well.... I also have really good studies...this is being awesome, I should have started it long time ago :D
I won't write everything about it but over these days, I've read about the birth of our Saviour ( always amazing, and since becoming a mother my love for Mary has so increased!), about Nephi's broken bow....( HE is my favorite prophet!) and then in Mark 9 ( another of my all time favorite phrases : "Lord I believe; help thou my unbelief", right after: all things are possible to him that believeth!) and D&C 121. I really enjoy my readings for my Primary classes. I get to read stories about the pioneers as well. They are amazing. There is no day I cry reading about how they faced their trials, and how they came out of them with such strong faith and testimony. AMAZING.
So I leave you with this verse:
"All thrones and dominions, principalities and powers, shall be revealed and set forth upon all who have endured valiantly for the gospel of Jesus Christ"

4 comments:

Patrixjasyu said...

Como mola acertar con los niños y verles la carita la mañana de Navidad. Es genial.
Los míos se hacen grandes y piden cosas carísimas o pasta para las rebajas :-( así que voy a ver si pasamos la noche de reyes con mis hermanos y puedo succionar algo de ilusión infantil de sus hijos, que todavía son chiquititos.
Potente escritura la del final. De esas que te echan el pelo para atrás.

Sarah-Lynn said...

Awww, that's so cute about Evan!! I can totally picture it. I wish I could have been there to see if for myself.

Sloan is the opposite of Isabel, he has hardly any interest in nursing at all anymore. I try to nurse him in the morning and he barely even does that, and that's it. He way prefers the bottle and has fallen madly in love with it. It made me feel sad. I wasn't entirely ready to give up that part of his baby hood. Why do they grow so fast?!

Andrea said...

I'm glad the turkey was enjoyed by all. It was nice to hear you all on Christmas day. And hey, what about sharing that spinach salad recipe!

Patricia said...

Pero k sobrinos mas lindos tengo!!! Pon mas fotos tia!!!!!!!!! K grande se ve Carmen!!