Sunday, December 13, 2009

Full Day


We started the morning by going to the Old Spaghetti Factory for lunch ( courtesy of Uncle Duncan). After we went to the IMAX to watch "A Christmas Carol" ( courtesy of Grandpa Clarke). It was good. Of course my kids liked the scary parts and the funny ones... and the 3D kept them entertained.



After that we went to the Surrey 1st ward Christmas Dinner. They had a really LOOOOOONG presentation. I was all dead by then. But it was fun.
We were all tired but no one went to bed right away... Carmen is always fighting going to bed lately, so I thought it was a good idea to sleep with her. But no! She si horrible in bed. She gets so hot, she gets too cold, she moves a lot, she makes noises, she gets thirsty....what a horrible nigh!! And then she is up at 7'30??? She is ALWAYS the last one getting up! So never again.
Before I forget, the scripture of yesterday:
Mathew 10:29-31
"Are not two sparrows sold for farthing?? and one of them shall not fall to the ground without your Father.
But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows"

I love this verses. I love the way he uses to teach us of our great value, and His love and care for us.
The scripture of today:
Moses 5:10
"And in that day Adam blessed God and was filled, and began to prophesy concerning all the families of the earth, saying: Blessed be the name of God, for because of my transgressions my eyes are opened, and in this life I shall have joy, and again in my flesh I shall see God"

I memorized this one too. It is one of those testimonies that become yours.
Making mistakes have really opened my eyes as well to my need of HIM. It is amazing to think of Jesus.... to think where, what I would be without HIM.
It is true that wickedness was never happiness,and it is true that HE can make us clean, that in this life we will make mistakes, but that because of HIM we don't have to suffer if we repent and come unto HIM. And it is amazing that we will live again, that we will see HIM....that thought fills my heart with JOY, it always does. The Spirit ALWAYS testifies to me that it is true. That HE lives, that I'll see HIM that He LOVES me.

3 comments:

Patrixjasyu said...

Hola maripili, hace mucho que no te comento: he andado perdidilla.
Oye me parece una idea fabulosa lo de las escrituras. Yo andaba rumiando algo parecido ahora que estoy con seminario pero no tengo tiempo ni fuerzas... ni tu espiritualidad!
Eres la caña marifé, siempre me encanta la manera sencilla, tierna y profunda en que sientes las cosas.
Ah, y menuda paliza de día querida... esto es así, o te tiras semanas metida en casa o se presenta una temporada de locura. Ya se podía repartir ¿no?
Besos

Patricia said...

donde estan las fotos de mi Isabelita???? la kiero la adoro, me la como!!!! Mi Evan, k mayor??? le veo super cambiado...y no es por nada, pero clavado a Evan Sr. en la primera...pero esa sonrisa, esa sonrisa es lo mas lindo k he visto en estos dias......

Patricia said...

donde estan las fotos de mi Isabelita???? la kiero la adoro, me la como!!!! Mi Evan, k mayor??? le veo super cambiado...y no es por nada, pero clavado a Evan Sr. en la primera...pero esa sonrisa, esa sonrisa es lo mas lindo k he visto en estos dias......