Thursday, December 10, 2009

Very Difficult

I don't know about you ladies who are extremely better organized than me... but I find really difficult to read my scriptures everyday. Because we read them with the kids, or because I read them with Evan sometimes I just feel that " Oh, well... I've read them today" and I feel totally excused to not have a personal study.
Evan is perfect....and I said PERFECT at reading them everyday. ANd not just a fast read and let's go... no! He studies them everyday.... everyday that I've lived with him and I've seen him do it. ( that coupled with morning and night prayer). Everyday for the last 6 years. No exaggeration. Don't know anybody that has a clean record like that.
I've only been perfect at that the year and a half I was a missionary. But HE has kept it for life. He is my greatest example.
Anyway.... thanks to my calling ( and the extreme need I have for revelation, spirit, etc.... ) I feel forced to read them, but now I've come up with something to help me be PERFECT at reading my scriptures daily. I'll share a verse that impacts me from my daily study with you via BLOG( blessed blogger world). So...
today I even memorized the verse.
Doctrine and Covenants 35:24
"Keep the commandments by which ye are bound, and I will cause the Heavens to shake for your good, and Satan shall tremble, and Zion shall rejoice upon the hills and flourish"
Isn't that amazing to think!?!? ... I mean, Obedience brings blessings, no doubt about that, but GOD shaking the Heavens for your good is an AMAZING picture.... and Satan trembling!! The devil scared, filled with fear!! We can do that by being obedient??? Next time you're obedient allow yourself a minute to feel very powerful :D
So there...
the scripture of the day :D
And more coming.... I am now accountable to you all :D

4 comments:

Laura said...

evan--little goody two shoes. :) no, what a great strength to have. i admire that too. and i think your share a scripture idea is awesome! thanks for sharing that one, i really liked the shaking the heavens part too. gave me a little lump in my throat because it's so true!

Patricia said...

me encanta la escritura! La voy a buscar en español a ver si es tan poderosa!!!!

Marta F. Rebollos said...

Me ha encantado, Esther!!
Muchas gracias por compartir esta escritura. Es verdad que es impresionante pensar en lo que realmente significa y en esa promesa, si cumplimos los mandamientos :D
Yo tampoco puedo estudia las escrituras cada día. Lo echo mucho de menos; como cuando estaba soltera. Eso si que era estudio de las escrituras. Ahora me cuesta muchísimo encontrar el momento, o no estar tan cansada como para hacerlo en condiciones. Cada mañana leo con las niñas unos versículos del Libro de Mormón. Y es cierto que parece que eso me excusa un poco, aunque siempre me siento un poco culpable.
Entonces pienso que debo hacer todo lo que pueda; que el Señor entiende muy bien la situación actual, y sabe los deseos del corazón... y, bueno, ya vendrán tiempos mejores :D
No te olvides que las bendiciones vienen cuando cumplimos los mandamientos frente a toda oposición... El verdadero mérito es esforzarse por leer en familia, y tratar de nutrirnos con las palabras de las escrituras, aunque solo sea un versículo al día :D

Lisa S. Luckey said...

Wow, thank you for sharing that. I feel compelled to read them every day as well but have a dendancy to forget. I love that scripture and it gives me strength to know that. Thank you once again for sharing this.

(Incase you don't know who I am I'm Sister May's eldest daughter, she's from Nanaimo ward)