Monday, February 4, 2008

What a headache!

This last weekend has left me with a great headache!!
Carmen had a sleep over at her cousin Mary and stayed for her B-day party on Saturday till the afternoon.
Evan was working all morning so I was home alone with baby Evan.
I had a quiet morning watching documentaries, interviews, videos and things about President Hinckley... I cried sooooooo much! And then the funeral....I waited for Evan to get home to watch it with him... and I cried rivers again!!! I got a horrible headache from all that crying!
I love everyone that spoke on the funeral... I love the pattern God uses to call His prophets. It is so inspired. When a prophet dies the apostle who has been an apostle for longer becomes the prophet... as simple as that but how reassuring! How comforting to know that we are always led by one chosen of God.

President Monson is amazing to me. I wonder what his legacy will be... anything great!
I wonder if as a child he ever thought he would be a prophet!! The fact of being called as a bishop at age 22 and be called an apostle at 36 might have led him to some pondering I guess...


I'm excited for Elder Uchtdorf! And I can't wait to hear who will be called to be the newest member of the Twelve Apostles... Francisco Vinas???? maybe!
Anyway... my baby might be getting sick or something... he has given me the most horrible night and day ever!!! And the lack of sleep has taken all the patience that there was in me if there was any!! I just couldn't deal with my kids today... anyone wants two cute little children?????
So tonight we are joining a gym... Evan and I have decided to work out together at the same gym...and since the fighting didn't really work for me we've had to look for other gyms...and it's been a nightmare to find gyms with child minding on the evenings... but we are down to two... I'll let you know tomorrow!!

2 comments:

Marta F. Rebollos said...

Me siento igual que tú. Todavía no he visto el funeral del Pte. Hinckley pero estoy deseando encontrar un "momento tranquilo" para disfrutarlo. Te cambio mis
"three cute little children" por los tuyos!! :D

lorena said...

Yo pude ver algo del funeral, pero lo que más vi fue la parte del entierro, y la verdad es que fue muy emotiva. Me alegro muchísimo de saber que el Elder Uchtdof sea el nuevo consejero! Tenemos una presidencia fantástica. Oye, no se como le haces para poder ir al Gym; que suerte!