Tuesday, January 29, 2008

**** Vancouver******

I have to tell you what I did over in Vancouver last weekend.
We spend Friday night talking about wedding arrangements, looking in internet and in magazines for some ideas on hair, wedding favors, invitations... dresses, making the guests lists and what not.
We rented a movie but it was like over midnight when we finally went to sleep so we didn't watch it.
Evan was sleeping on a mattress on the floor, but he moves so much he slept on the floor practically all night. When I moved him with us in bed his face was a bit cold from the floor... bless his heart!
Once he was in bed with us he didn't let us sleep for much longer.
That morning we went to try on wedding dresses...there is no pictures of that...you'll have to wait for the surprise I guess. But I really like the first one she tried on...we'll see... no decisions made yet.Then we went to the ferry to pick up Carmen and Evan and from there Evan and I went on to a day for ourselves.
First we walked around downtown Vancouver and stopped at ALDO... and that was it! I bought some nice shoes!!! and some earrings...(like I don't have enough!). We also found a good deal on some dress shoes for Evan...so he didn't feel left out.
Then we went to have lunch to a cute little Japanese place and had some good SUSHI!
Ok...I love sushi!! I'm totally hooked now... since I was convinced to try it out...It is all I want! Seriously! I'm always in the mood for sushi! And the more I eat it the more I like it..and all that raw stuff is growing on me... Anyway...that sushi was so good!
By the time we were done...it was snowing!! So all my plans to have a nice photo session at Port Place were ruined!
It was freezing but we managed to take a couple pictures :D




Then we went to the IMAX to watch U2 3D...



and it was AMAZING!!! I cried!
It is the best next thing to being there...I would say it is even better because you don't have to be close to sweaty people... except you don't see them in person.
They are such a powerful band... I love Bono... he is so talented in his writing. He says things from the heart and that is where his power comes from.
After that we went to Joe Forte's for dinner...

I didn't have the best experience. Actually it was very frustrating... but oh,well! .... It was part of or anniversary celebration and I didn't want it to make me grumpy for the rest of the night... but I will not go there ever again.
What made it all better was our stop by the chocolate factory... we bought some tiger bombs and a caramel, white chocolate with sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon coating apple... that happened to be free because the Mexican that was helping us forgot to charge us for it and when we told him he was like: "Oh...just take it!"... score! It was super good!
Anyway... we made it to the 9 o'clock ferry. Tania was there waiting for us. The kids had so much fun with her... Carmen wants to go on the ferry and see Tania every day now.
We got home... the babe was asleep, but Carmen gave me some trouble. Evan went to play ice hockey... again! He wouldn't miss it for the world.
And I was up till late trying to figure out the musical number for Sunday's ward conference. I finally found a song, downloaded the accompaniment and sang along with it over and over again till I finally learned it. It is called "WHOLE AGAIN"... very simple, very pretty, very touching. Anything that is about the cleansing effect of the Atonement just amazes me and moves me in such a special way, so I hoped it would touch hearts as I sang it for the members that day.
And it didn't go bad. I always freak out about my pronunciation and that, but it is true that what I only have to worry about it is about singing with the Spirit... and he carries the message...with no accent!!
Later that night we learned about the passing of our dear prophet... a great man left this mortal sphere... I surely miss him already. He means a lot to me.
He is the prophet that dedicated the temple in Spain... and I was singing just behind him. I remember him looking back at me and at the rest of the choir. I remember the spirit that I felt when he got to the temple grounds on the day of the ground breaking. He is the one that sent me on my mission to England...the country where he had served years before me.
Special teachings we've received from him... but I know that as I loved him, I'll love the next one and I will receive great teachings from him as well... the things of God that I need to know to find happiness in my life. So I look forward to sustaining our new Prophet!!

4 comments:

lorena said...

Eso si que es un fin de semana; ole, ole y ole...tú si que sabes.

Marta F. Rebollos said...

No me puedo creer que vierais a Bono... ahagghaghh!!! Me encanta U2.
Me alegro de que lo pasárais tan bien.
Por cierto, a ver si un día te grabas cantando una de esas canciones y así disfrutamos todos!!
Un beso.
Marta

silvia said...

que guapos estais con las gafas....

Esther J. Clarke said...

Hahaha...guapisimos!!