Monday, April 21, 2008

Help !!!

I didn't know if you guys new.... but the new thing that is happening in my house now, it's that Evan and I are getting together a couple of accoustics sets to perform in places like restaurants, hotel lounges, bars... and I'm looking for songs recommendations for us to cover.
So far I give you the list os songs we've chosen, then you can see the style we are coming from and give me some more ok????
So:

Taking Chances
( A great song in Celine Dion's new album)

Save me from myself
( Another big one from Christina Aguilera)

Magic
( Cute one of Colbie Callat)

Angel
( Classic...Sarah McLachlan... city of angels.... that one!)

Everybody hurts
( We are putting our touch in this REM tune)

The way I am
( Pretty one from Ingrid Michaelson.... she is amazing!!)

Let it be
( You need to have a Beatle song!)

Angels
( One of the greatest pop songs ever written , according to Simon Cowel)

I'll stand by you
( Roxette... but the version of Carrie Underwood... I love her)

Take on me
( We found a cool version by Sara Bareilles...I'm also in love with her!)

Believe
( It's the song for the Winter Olympics in Vancouver 2010!!!)

Give me one reason
( Good Old Tracey Chapman)

Blackbird
( another Beatle... but I'll play it on the piano like Sarah McLachlan)

Soulmate
( Natasha Bedingfield)

When you look me in the eyes
( Sounds corny from the Jonas Brothers.... but is heard an accoustic version on you tube that it's GREAT!)

Right next to the right one
( By my favorite : Celine)

Over the rainbow
( Eva cassidy version)
So if you think of one you believe is good for an accoustic performance... please!!!!!! Let me know!!!

Thanks!
Amigas.... necesito ayuda!!! Evan y yo estamos preparando unas canciones acusticas para actuar en sitios... he puesto la lista de canciones q hemos seleccionado, pero si pensais en alguna cancion chula... por favor!!!! Decidmelo, ok???
Tambien queremos hacer un set de solo en espan~ol... tenemos Cai, Si tu no estas aqui, Tu recuerdo, Grita, Cal y Arena... pero vosotras q estais mas puestas dadme ideas!!!!
Gracias!

8 comments:

Marta F. Rebollos said...

¿Y por qué no incluís una de Camela? jajaja... No ¿Sabes cuál se me ocurre a mí, que es una pasada? La de Don't wanna miss a thing. Ahora no me sale el nombre del grupo; son rockeros, pero ésta es una balada ALUCINANTE. Y en español... no sé déjame pensar y si se me ocurre alguna ya te lo diré. Oye, qué guay que cantéis juntos por ahí ¿no? Ya nos pondrás alguna de vuestras actuaciones :)

lorena said...

A mí me encanta la de Nothing else matters. Y en Español podeis cantar esa de Juanes y nelli Furtado que ahora no recuerdo el nombre....es del penúltimo disco de Juanes y quedará genial con vuestras voces, se llama "fotografía". Otra canción.." tu recuerdo" de riky martin y la mari de chambao; es preciosa ý medio flamenquito...ideal de la muerte!! Espero que te sirvan...y mil gracias por la traducción!!

Sara said...

Si la de Juanes y Nelli Furtado esta muy bien se llama "te busque".
Hay una que me gusta en espanol creo que se llama "Entre mis recuerdos" y creo que la canta Chayanne pero no estoy segura.
Y tambien me gusta la the Sheryl Crow "The first cut is the deepest".
Mucha suerte ya nos contaras que tal.

Suzy said...

Ester,
It's fun to read about you, your family, and what you're doing. Thanks for finding me on facebook! I actually don't have a blog. My visiting teaching companion says I need to get one. I have 5 kids and no time to blog. :-) My oldest is 10, but will be 11 next month, and my youngest will be 1 year old next month. I love my kids, I'm just busy. How fun that Tania is getting married! Wow! Tell her congratulations for me! Yes, I live in California. I grew up in Utah, but I met my husband, who is from Nebraska, and he got a job in California (Sacramento area), and here we are. We've been here almost 9 years. Weird. I never thought I'd live in California. I teach piano lessons on the side, but I don't teach a lot because, like I said, I'm crazy busy with 5 kids. I teach at 7 a.m! Yes, I know that's early, but it's the time that works for me to be able to teach and have my husband take care of the kids, and people are willing to come at 7:00 a.m., so it all works out. This is so fun to be in touch with you!!! I remember Patricia told me when you went on your mission, and I was always going to write you...sorry! I know I didn't. I did think about you though. Getafe was so much fun. I really love your family. Yes, I think you were about 11 or 12 when I was there....and now you're pregnant with number 3!!! I'm so excited for you! I read that you and your husband are going to start singing in hotels, etc. That sounds like so much fun! I'm excited to read about how it goes (on your blog). That's so neat that you can do that with your husband. Okay, this is getting really long, so I think I'll go for now. Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

{irene} said...

Pero mari!!!..como es eso de que ahora vais por ahi cantando?????....menuda marcha teneis!!!!...me encanta!!!...te acuerdas cuando tu y yo hicimos el dueto ese con la de" amores de barra"...que tiempos aquellos!

Patrixjasyu said...

No tengo ni idea mariantonia
mmm, "I'm so tired" de Ozzy Osbourne? "I want to break free" de Queen? "winds of change" de Scorpions? jejeje
Creo que las canciones en las que yo puedo pensar ahora van de otros temas.
Pero quizá "from this moment on" the shawnia twain, también tiene otra... "you're still the one" http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=6XENujsU3Wg
... no sé si te gustan pero verás... yo ya estoy mayor jamía.

Esther J. Clarke said...

A ver... Camela como q no...jajaja, a esos como q he intentado olvidarlos! pero la de Aerosmith, puede ser :D
La de metalica.... nos gusta, gracias! Y la de te busque ya la tenia en mi lista de espan~olas, genial!
Mi marido es anti sheryl crow total! asi q esa ni en mis suen~os! pero la de entre mis recuerdos conozco la version de Luz Casal.... y esa es otra de las buenas!
Amores de barra!!!!1 Q fuerte! poruqe de sopeton se me vino a la cabeza Ella Baila Sola.... pero donde cantamos es dueto???? Q artistas nosotras!!jajajaja
Jolines con la macarra de Patricia!!! me meo... tia, q estilazo el tuyo!! Pero voy a intentar convencer a mi marido para hacer el dueto de la de from this moment!
Q bien me habeis venido peris!

Marta F. Rebollos said...

Esther!!! He encontrado una española que me parece preciosa: la de "Cuando me vaya" de Melocos. Tienen una versión con Natalia, de la Quinta Estación. Puedes escucharlas aquí: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqzSYyeSze8 y aquí: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m__MwMFjB7E&feature=related. Y piénsate lo de Camela....