Friday, October 26, 2007

Why...oh, why???

I've been thinking lately that my kitchen doesn't inspire me to cook, is too messy, too crowded, too small... or maybe is an excuse... but yesterday I was determined to make it a clean, sparkly kitchen like those you see in the commercials... everything in place, tidy and appealing...
(Like this one... exactly my kind of kitchen... anyway I'll keep on dreaming...)

well I literally sweated from every pore of my being...
I was almost done... the only thing that was on the counters, were the clean dishes and the tin of chili that we canned at church the other day...well...it was leaking so I put it on the counter to later figure out what to do with it. I thought now it is a good time to mop the floors, cuz the baby is sleeping, and every time that I mop he walks over the wet floor, slips, falls down, cries...etc...nightmare, so before putting those things away I thought I'd leave it for later...BAD CHOICE!...
While I was in the middle of my sweeping... EXPLOSION!!...something hits me in the face.. all over my body...all over the walls...all over MY CLEAN KITCHEN!!!!...It's the CHILI!!!
SOOOOOOOOOO GROSS!!!!!!!!!! It smells horrible... it is all over the place...it splashed everything, everywhere... the noise of the explosion woke the baby up, now he is crying, I can't go get him...I'm full of yaky stinky chili... and I have to clean ALL OVER AGAIN!!
Not fair...by now, my back hurts, my hands hurt...I need a rest...but I CAN'T! I have to clean all that mess before it dries and it gets harder to clean...
AUGHHHH...it was so gross... I called Evan to tell him what happened...he said he knew it would explode...why didn't he tell me...why didn't he throw it away???? WHY!!!!
Oh, well... he said it was funny....he said I should take a picture and post it in my blog... I didn't want to take any pictures...I just wanted to get rid of it as soon as possible... plus I didn't want the kids to run around in all that mess making it worst...
So there is not pictures of the experience...but I shared the story... any moral to it???
I dunno... you tell me!


PS: I got my kitchen clean and tidy now...
It might only last for today...or maybe not even a few hours...but I love it!... and it smells gooooooooood!! It might be the roast I'm making....mmmmmmm!



6 comments:

{irene} said...

AY PERI!!!!!!...que mal...y yo estaria enfadadisima con el Evan!!.Eso no tiene gracia ninguna!....que horror..y la moraleja es que pa' que te vuelves una marujilla y envasas el chili ese tu sola!..Lo mejor es comparra la lata!...

Marta F. Rebollos said...

Jejeje... Buenísimo el comentario de Irene!!!!. Muy sabia su moraleja. Si eso me pasa a mí es peor la que monto yo que la que monta el chili. En fin, que son gajes del oficio, pero me hubiera gustado ver la foto...

Andrea said...

wow, how hilarious if you only didn't have to clean it up... And I agree about the kitchen. I absolutely LOVE my kitchen now and I use it way more often - it is where I hang out.

lorena said...

Hola Esther, soy Lorena. Y también me he apuntado a esto de bloggear. Te mando mi dirección para que nos visites de vez en cuando. Por cierto, siento lo de tu cocina...
www.familialopezbarahona03.blogspot.com

lorena said...

No he empezado a estudiar, más bien estoy terminando. Me queda un año de carrera aunque se convertirán es dos por el jaleo que tengo. Como no tengo prisa por terminar este año solo he cogido 4 asignaturas. Estoy estudiando Protocolo y relaciones institucionales!! Y la verdad es que con el tiempo y si la vida familiar lo permite me gustará dedicarme a ello; ahora hago alguna práctica que otra y me piden ayuda para algún evento que otro.
Pues si, estamos en Ciudad Real por el trabajo de Ramón; no sabemos el tiempo que estaremos por estas tierras, pero por lo menos 3 años. Ramon lleva El área de castilla la mancha y ya veremos lo que pasa. No sabemos donde nos mandarán después... Quién sabe...

Patrixjasyu said...

que horrible flaka, la casa es un asco, aunque no explote chile ni nada nunca se consigue que esté decente, y menos con niños pequeños y sin asistenta.
Aaaaaaaaaaaah asistenta! bendita palabra!!!!!