Saturday, October 20, 2007

* B-day Girl *

Carmen was born October 15th 2004... 2 days before our 9 months anniversary... so for the first 9 months of my marriage I was a different person. I really don't like me when I'm pregnant...well, when I'm pregnant and it is hard...because Evan's pregnancy was heaven compared to Carmen's and I wasn't as easily annoyed, as bitter with the world, as depressed, as moody, as tired... oh, beautiful motherhood!!!
That's why I say that Evan never the real me...or maybe that's exactly what he married!!! scary!!
Going back to Carmen...she is the most beautiful girl, and yes, I am going to brag about my children's beauty again... People (known and unknown to me) have been coming to tell me how beautiful they are...like...even recognize they are more beautiful than their own grandchildren, more than any children they've ever seen, telling me I should have more cuz I'm making the world a more beautiful place... things like that...
You would think that I love that...and I guess I do, but really... I don't know how to respond to that... I don't know if I should laugh or cry... so I just say thank you... because it is a double compliment, for them and for me... after all I AM THE MOTHER... so there is something of me in them.
What I'm trying to say is that yes to be a mother is hard, even harder than bringing them into this world... but it is all.. ALL, ALL worth it! I look at her and I am amazed... she is mine! She loves me, she looks up to me...I am her best teacher, her favorite person in the world! She is really special, a chosen vessel... and I am super blessed to have her....this last three years have been amazing and I hope to see many more!
On her actual b-day we had a special b-day breakfast with our neighbor Lindy Hobbs ( and of course the mother came too, and little Nicole).
Carmen got her first Barbie...and it was a ballerina...so she LOVES it!
Mom came over and gave her a story book and another with water colors, which she is been using every morning... so much that she doesn't have any colors left.
This year she was all excited about her party.... every time we would talk about it, she would start singing the happy b-day song to herself.
She helped prepare the goodie bags for the kids, and even to decorate the cake. I wanted to post the video here but I can't.. so I'll post it in facebook but I'll try it again... it is super cute...
But here are some pictures... of her decorating the cake and with cousins and friends that came over.


1 comment:

{irene} said...

tIA QUE BONITO...dan ganas de tener una Carmen ahora mismo!