Monday, October 22, 2007

~ Celebrity Dinner ~

Last friday we were invited to a Celebrity Dinner, organized to donate money for a sports and recreation local organization here in Nanaimo.

Guests of honor were:
a female basketball player, for the para-olympics national team, winner of the gold medal in Sydney 2000. She gave such an inspirational speech . A woman that go paralyzed, has gone thru brain cirjury, and that hasn't stopped her from enjoying life to the fullest and find success, become a wife and a mother... it was an amazing story. ( sorry, no picture of her).

A football player. Played for San Francisco 49ers, and for other teams too...but that's the only one I remember cuz it is the only one I know...thanks to Steve Young, who he mentioned in his speech.
Apparently he is retired now and does broadcasting and is writing a book.
I personally thought he looked super young to be retired and looked too drunk ...but still good looking :D.

The main one, was Wendall Clark. I say the main one because Canada really only cares about Hockey players... and this guy has been a great one. He was the captain for Toronto Maple leafs, which is one of the oldest teams for Canada and has many fans. ( Not nearly as good as the Montreal Canadiens, I must add).
His speech was really nice, and he gave some time to the attendees for questions, which he answered in a very classy way if you ask me.
I really liked him, I thought he presented himself in an intelligent manner. And Evan got to take a picture with him.


Oh, that night I lost my Swarowsky crystal bracelet... We stopped by the church to drop the kids off and I prayed I lost it there...and yes!! they found it!

3 comments:

Marta F. Rebollos said...

Hola Esther!
Gracias por tu comentario en mi blog, me hace mucha ilusión, jeje... Ya veo que eres una madre super buena y entregada; sí que es difícil el tema de las vacunas. Todo tiene ventajas e inconvenientes.
Por cierto, he visto en tu perfil que te encanta maquillarte, y la verdad es que en las fotos sales guapísima. ¿Por qué no nos das a los internautas un "Cursillo básico" como el de Irene con las calabazas de Halloween?
Besos!
Marta

{irene} said...

Pues peri, el alto sirvio en Mostoles y fue el que bautizo a Josefina o a Beatrix, no me acuerdo...es el Elder Warner..., y el otro sirvio en Fuenla, Leganes y no se donde mas y se llama Tobbler

Lara said...

Ays nena...no te quejes que por lo menos tienes oceano por ahi cerquita!! Nena, que bien se te ve, de verdad con tu maridin y esos dos tesoros! nada, en cuanto tengamos nosotros niños voy a tener que darte un toque para que me des un curso acelerado de como ser tan buena madre!!