Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Welcome to England

We flew from Madrid to Liverpool, and as we were coming out of the plane I missed my jacket...it was freezing cold!
Yes, welcome to England...
But the Leonard's were there to give us a warm welcome.
They took us to Dewsbury and we had dinner at an Indian restaurant... the closest thing to eat in the actual India.
Sunday morning we went to the Sacrament in Keithley and made it a stop to take a picture in the Elder's flat.


We then made it back for Sacrament in Dewsbury.
People found it hard to recognize Evan.... the blonde hair... but not many had problems remembering me...
It was so nice to see everybody. They couldn't believe we were married to each other and even more difficult to believe we had 2 children.
We started to realize we would have to come back with the kids one day.
Elder Krekelberg, now Ian , and Amanda (the Leonard's daughter) came to have dinner with all of us. It is weird to see this little skinny girl with such a prego bump!
We talked about labor and stuff like that during dinner... How exciting for them!
We left not long after to go to Leeds.
First, the sister's flat, where I spent 6 months of my life. Right in the heart of the ghetto!... Oh, good Harehills. I think they just waited for me to be transfered to move the sister to a better area and to give them a car!


We got to Church when it was almost over... but people stayed after to talk to us.
Since we missed brother Tree at Church we decided to stop by his house.
When he first saw us he didn't know what to think. It took him a while to realize who we were.

Then we wanted to try some more people.
First, Jenny Charles, a lady I taught and Evan baptized. I hoped she hadn't moved... and to my surprise as we were turning into her street I saw her...I couldn't believe my eyes. I told Evan...that's her! that's her! Stop the car!. So i came out, and called her name. She looked at me with a sign of disbelieve in her face... Do you know who I am?? I asked her... and when she said yes, I don't know why, but I started crying, and run towards her to give her a hug!
It was such a sweet moment! I was so excited!She had to go to work but we would come during the week to visit her.... I can't believe I found her.
When we were trying to found another of my dear investigators, I found Norma. A girl we used to teach. Her and her cousin Marcy. As soon as I saw her I recognize her, but I couldn't remember her name...and I approached her anyways... she remembered me too! it was so funny!


Oh...good times in Leeds. I taught a lot of Africans... from Zimbabwe... I love Zimbabweans! From Ghana, from South African, from Kenya, even from French speaking Congo...


No comments: