Tuesday, March 22, 2011

my favorite is...

my kids were telling each other what their favorite movies were. carmen said "duma" and "g-force" ( we had just seen that one, but duma... it has been a while, so it was a bit impressive).
carmen fascinates me.
she is amazing to me.
today we had just finished watching brother bear 2.
there is a part where little koda misses his late mother, and the girl tells him" when you love somebody they will be forever in your heart" and carmen says: just like great grandma B!
so i asked her how that was like grandma B. she told me she died, but she will always be on our hearts.
she hardly spent any time with her on earth, but i know their relationship was larger than that time spent here.
she loves her.
even before she met her.
and she loves her still.
she is just an amazing kid.
she is more than her 6 years old.
her spirit is so much more.
our spirits are so much more than our bodies, than our age.
and my 6 year old daughter reminds me of this everyday.



1 comment:

PS said...

I miss you Esther! And I miss your kidlets. (I guess I miss Evan too kind of...)
Carmen is amazing!