Monday, September 27, 2010

We had a good weekend, even though Evan had to work. His fist month home from training and he's had to work 3 weekends :(
They told him he might not be getting that many weekends due to budget cuts ( even in the army) but it looks like he's going to have to work lots if not more than last year.
I will not complaint because that means money... but we miss him.
He's so busy with school, and now he joined a fraternity and he has some gatherings to go to twice a week... I feel we never get to see him.
This means that I ( I!) get to do the whole bed time routine on my own.
Trying to get three kids bathed, changed in their pajamas, brushed teeth, share bed time story, prayer and in bed IS HARD!
By the time I am done I am ready to hit the sack myself! But I wait till Evan gets home... or else I really have no time with him.
I had my treat, though.
I went to the Relief Society Broadcast.
I sat down and the first hymn just hit me to the core.
2nd verse of " Count your blessings":
"Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings every doubt will fly
and you will be singing as the days go by."
This hymn was chosen for me to hear this.
I know.
It was such a special meeting.
The whole thing... I was amazed I got to hear these things.It is amazing to me.
So I was uplifted, re energized and recommitted.
And came back home with a box of KrispyKreams under my arm... not bad ;P

6 comments:

Sarah-Lynn said...

Esther! I totally know what you mean...about everything. Kyle will be working on the weekends too, and that plus school also means that we hardly see each other. It's hard! And bedtime by yourself? Hard! And you have one more kid than me too, so I can only imagine. That song really hit me too. Actually a few people mentioned it in their testimonies yesterday, so I guess it was a truly inspired choice of song.

Patricia said...

ria...y es realmente necesario k se apunte a la fraternidad esa?? encima k pasais poco tiempo...para liarse con mas cosas!

Rachel Kingsley said...

Putting 3 kids to bed on your own IS hard!! I feel for you!

Lara said...

Ay mari...animo, que como el himno dice, son muchas las bendiciones que tienes!!

Beth-a-knee said...

Why does Evan have to join a fraternity, also? Is there some sort of benefit or something?

I only have the one kid but I also know what you mean. It's so hard doing it on your own.

Patrixjasyu said...

maripili, ¿que tal vas con las obras en el cuarto de los churumbeles? Pon fotos!!!
La confe fue asombrosa y para mi tambien ese himno, de repente, cobro un nuevo significado. Por cierto que yo lo canto en version rap ¿me ha oido? jajja