Monday, September 27, 2010

This time is different

* We have started to have scripture reading with the kids every morning.
We alternate Spanish and English every other day and Carmen participates.
She is such a good reader.
She loves reading the scriptures and when she wakes up she comes into our room carrying her scriptures all ready to start!
I love it!
Evan Jr can't wait to help reading, and he's already asking for his own set of scriptures!

* We have started to attend the Spanish Ward in our stake.
I love it!
I feel at home there.... learning in your own language is something extra powerful!
I felt the spirit to strongly from the very opening prayer... I love it.
Evan felt good too. He even said the closing prayer in Sacrament :D
The kids love it too... apparently Isabel was a bit of a terror in nursery. But they still loved her! :D
So I'm excited.
I knew that coming to a new ward and starting friendships will take time... but I feel so different in my new ward. I feel part of it already! after only two weeks.
So I am happy. I can't wait for my kids to give talks in primary and have my parents watch them and understand them! I am super excited!

* I've started to give Carmen piano lessons. We spend some time in the piano, she practices her hand position, she plays some songs by ear... I play for her, she sings... very casual, nothing rigid...but she is so talented!
I have plan some good special number together for sacrament :D
Can't wait to sing with my daughter.

4 comments:

Patricia said...

bueno tia te veo muy emocionada y me alegro............no hay nada como sentirse un poco como en casa estando tan lejos!

Rachel Kingsley said...

Carmen is so lucky to have you for a teacher!

Patrixjasyu said...

Lo importante es no dejar nunca de querer "empezar" una y otra vez. No importa los años que pasen todos estamos siempre recolocándonos. ¡Animo en esta nueva aventura! BESAZOS!!

Lara said...

Hija, pero tus hijos hablan muy bien espanol, no?? Me vas a tener que decir el secreto, que Brad y yo estamos como el perro y el gato con ese tema...
Y que bien dando clases tu a la Carmen!! como me gustaria estar cerquita para mandarte a Aitana en cuanto fuera un poco mas mayor...en fin...