Monday, August 2, 2010

Forgiveness: My Burden Was Made Light

I never got the chance to share my testimony at Church yesterday. Even though my sister in law Laura had the two older ones, I was still with Isabel and it is difficult to go up there with a baby.
Anyway.... there were lots of things in my mind. I will share here:

First:
I am grateful for the good in my life, but more especially for the bad... I am grateful for the mistakes I've made in my life and for the consequences of them, for that is what is truly shaping me to me more like He Knows I can be.
This scripture come to mind: 2 Nephi 9:25 Wherefore, he has given a law and where there is no law given there is no punishment; and where there is no punishment there is no condemnation; and where there is no condemnation the mercies of the Holy One of Israel have claim upon them, because of the atonement; for they are delivered by the power of him.
I guess I am grateful for His tender mercies... for there is a way for me to make things right.
God is truly perfect. It is very clear to me that His is a perfect Plan.

Second:
I am grateful for the gift to forgive others... to truly forgive. It is not pleasant to hurt from pain inflicted by somebody's judgement, bad actions, or unkind words... but another scripture comes to mind: Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbor, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.

Nobody likes or hopes to suffer, but painful experiences really teach you.
Then I hear stories like this, and even though I haven't lost my family in a tragic accident... I can relate to him.
Such powerful lesson.
Click and enjoy

Forgiveness: My Burden Was Made Light

1 comment:

Patrixjasyu said...

¡estaba pensando en ESA escritura justo hoy!. En realidad no en el contexto del perdon sino en el de ser compasivo con todos, no solo con quienes son nuestros afines.
Como siempre, me asombra tu nivel. Y me encanta.
(leere la historia luego, que me tengo que ir a hacer la cena)