Monday, June 7, 2010

Winning... no whining

So I realize it's been a looooooong super loooong time since I shared anything I learned from my daily scripture reading... I do make time for my reading... I do NOT make time for blogging.
I just blog whenever I get a second :D
Anyway... I am so happy to tell that even without Evan ( that is the one who is always making sure I get the time to read) I've managed to organize my morning in a way that I can still have my little time for myself.
I do miss going running :(
And the weather is so nice, I wish I could escape and go for a jog sometime :S
I have to do something to squeeze some exercise in my day.
I feel good prepared for the show at the end of July.
I'm singing:
Over the rainbow
I'll stand by you
Si tu no estas
The way I am.
I just need the sound check and I feel ready :D
I got two more piano students yesterday.
I got 5!! Probably one more coming too :D
I just pay my tithing and the blessings keep coming.
I didn't have to open my mouth or advertise myself in any way. People just asked me to teach them and they are all happy to adjust to my circumstances... so it's great!
I know that things are not perfect, that my life is full of challenges, but I find that the less I whine the more I win.
If only we spent more time and energy in praying and doing good and less time and energy in whining, we would see what the Lord is trying to make of us.... and we would rejoice!
I know I've been given much... but I know the Lord will continue to bless me if I but follow Him in faith.
One of my favorite scriptures:

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not on thy own understanding.
in all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths".




2 comments:

Laura said...

amen sistah!

Lisa S. Luckey said...

Very well put. I have just started learning or appreciating that as well. Some days are easier than others.