Saturday, June 5, 2010

What if... ?

Carmen asked me something last night...
She wanted to know what will happened if I died and daddy wasn't here.
This little girl of mine taught me a lesson. We need to be prepared, right?
So I sat with them and explained to them what they should do if anything happened to me.
Carmen knows the numbers so she is to dial 911... and go to our neighbors for help. ( They are the nicest people and they come to our ward too).
Evan was getting really upset, saying mommy don't die :S
He is very sensitive and gets scared really easy.
We practiced giving information to the police...like their name, daddy's name, where he is, our address...things like that.
Carmen was worried that the police will run out of maps to find uncle Jordan's house :D
She said that nothing will really happen because we pray everyday for protection.
We talked a little about death and she said we will all have to die if we wanted to be with Jesus.... and that we will all see him come again.
I love my kids. You never hope for any child to have to go thru anything like that.
I prayed last night and asked my Father in Heaven to spare them that experience but by the end I was asking to give them strength to go thru anything that will come their way.
I am sure they will face difficulty, like everyone of us, they just need the strength to believe that He will be there and never leave them alone to face their trials.
"I can do anything through Christ that strengtheneth me".
( Philip 4:13)

2 comments:

{irene} said...

que buena madre eres peri...eso, eso, hay que estar preparadas...

Patricia said...

jo tia.......con 5 aƱitos y ya hablando de estas cosas se me pone la piel de gallina!!!