Monday, June 14, 2010

my body aches

I'm so tired!!
How do single mothers do it?
I'm so tired.... and the kids haven't been really bad or anything. There was only one day where I hoped for an escape, but you know, they are very normal 5, 3 and 1 year olds.
Sunday in Sacrament was a bit of a nightmare... but I was free from them after that.
The big plus of the day was that ALL the sister got to be in RS together.
It was a beautiful lesson.
I got to sing "His Hands" again for them.
I tried really hard to get it together in the end and sing between the tears... but I failed :S
That songs gets me EVERY TIME!
Please, don't ever ask me to sing that one until I master singing and crying at the same time :D
We got home, and the plan was that I would make lunch and picnic at the park. But... I was so tired!
I did made them lunch, then I got to talk to my hubby ( yeah! yeah! I miss him!) and then prepared something for me to eat and sat down to watch "dreamgirls".
After that I did get some energy to go out to the park. We were out there for pretty long. The kids were playing so nicely I didn't mind.
So got home, the kids had left over spaghetti and I cut out half of a watermelon and it was just going to be me eating it, but my kids dug in as well.
I went to bed at 9'30...I just couldn't wait for a new day.
This morning I served the kids breakfast, cleaned the kitchen, did my work out ( the kids joined me) had a shower, did some ironing, read my scriptures, made lunch, walked to the park, had a picnic, took Carmen to school, walked back home ( pushing asleep Isabel in the stroller and carrying Evan on my shoulders! As if I hadn't worked out already!) and now I need to get ready for my piano lessons ( did I mentioned I have yet another student!!! I'm so happy....this makes getting some money together for my trip to Utah even more possible!!).
All morning I've been thinking how hard it is to be on top of things.
I wish I had more time ( and ENERGY!) to have my hair done to perfection, take care of my feet, of my nails, a nice work out and flat belly, have perfectly made and healthy meals ( at a decent time too! not sure if 8 is an ideal time to have dinner), a perfectly clean and tidy home, perfectly dressed and sparkling kids, perfectly prepared lessons, being the best VTer, practice my piano and singing ... a good night of sleep!!
Is this possible?? Really.. IS IT??
I certainly can't do it!
I'm tired and it is only 1pm.
We'll see what state I'll be in at the end of the day :S

7 comments:

Patricia said...

y te parece poco lo k haces??? eres una super mom!! jajajaja

Chelsea said...

dont worry no one's lives are perfect and if people looklike they have it all together... they dont!!
:)

Laura said...

yeah, i felt for you on sunday during sacrament. it seemed like you barely got one second to sit still.

Irene said...

Patricia se me ha adelantado. ¡Eres una super mom! Es increíble cómo todas las madres son capaces de superarse a sí mismas.

Patrixjasyu said...

No se puede Esther, no sin ayuda. No te tortures. De hecho la manera tan solitaria en que vivimos las madres de nuestro tiempo es bastante antinatural y muy estresante. Yo tuve una época (el otro día lo leía en mi dario) de constante y aplastante agotamiento. Si quieres un consejo... busca otras mujeres en tu situación y aliaros. Pasad días unas en casa de otras, trabajando juntas y ayudándoos con los niños. Es mano de "santa". A mi me ayudó muchísimo.
Un beso!!

Rachel Kingsley said...

I can totally relate to the exhausted Sacrament meeting scene. Please when you figure out how to do everything, let me in on the secret!! :)

lorena said...

Estoy de acuerdo con Pstricia, busca otras madres como tú para que podais hacer piña. Pero de todas maneras eres muy fuerte y muy valiente al estar con tus hijos tanto tiempo sola. Eres admirable!!