Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Breath, breath... breath...




As many of you know, have heard... Isabel had a seizure on Sunday night.
We had a very busy day with Church, stop at the library, a birthday party, a baptism... and it was hot, then rain, then hot again...about an hour in the car, and a heat wave ( without air conditioning)... didn't help things.
So we got at the church in Abbostford where we were attending the baptism of Reuben, the son of a family that moved here from our mission in England. There we met an Elder ( and wife) that I served with too. It was going to be an excellent night. But when we were ready to move to the font room, Evan was carrying Isabel in his arms and she started struggling for breath... and immediately started to seize up and shake and jerk.
I won't give details, but it was the most horrible scene I've ever had to witness. I couldn't even look, I turned around and I just said: My baby is having a seizure!. The lady that was coming right behin us happened to be a nurse. And they called a man that was a doctor there.
All I could hear was Isabel's heavy breathing... The nurse kept pulling me to look at my baby. "She is ok. She is breathing, she is ok".
She was fighting to live.... my little girl is a real fighter.
She is my hero.
It all happened really fast, the doctor called emergency, he was on the phone answering questions, relating what was happening... all a matter of two minutes, but to me it seemed like hours.
By the time the ambulance got there, Evan had given here a blessing and she was sleeping.
We had to wake her up to see if she was responsive... but she wasn't herself at all.
After a couple hours at the hospital, some tests and some drugs ( and a couple of popscicles!) she was back to normal.
When Carmen saw us coming back she was so happy to Isabel happy again. She witnessed the whole thing and wouldn't leave Isabel's side.
She told me she had prayed so many times for her to be better.
I have another hero.
Her fever is not yet under control, comes up very sudden so I have to watch her closely.
My heart still hurts... it literally hurts. I have this images cross my mind and I get so scared.
I am so blessed to have these amazing kids... and I am such an imperfect mother...
I can almost cry at the thought of losing any of them.
I just need to breath, breath..... breath.




10 comments:

{irene} said...

bueno peri...menudo susto..pero ya ha pasado....tranquila...

Marta F. Rebollos said...

Vaya susto, Esther; imagino la angustia que tuviste que sentir.
Me alegro de que todo haya pasado.

Laura said...

i can't even imagine what that must have felt like. i'm so glad she was ok and what a blessing the nurse and the dr were right there!

Lara said...

tia me he puesto a llorar solo de leerlo! que horror!! menos mal que esta bien, y tu tb!!

Lisa S. Luckey said...

Oh my goodness! I hope she's okay now, how scary for all of you. Thank goodness help was available right there and then. I'll be praying that it was just a one time thing and that she gets better quickly.

lorena said...

Siento mucho que te toque vivir estas cosas estando tan lejos y tu sola. Ojalá pudiéramos estar más cerca. De todas maneras te mando muchos besos.

Patricia said...

mari fe cuando te puedo llamar de nuevo??? mandame un mensa por el facebook! kiero hablar con todos los nenes.....

Sarah-Lynn said...

oh my goodness, that would be really scary and hard to watch. I'm glad she's ok!

Sara said...

Esther, pobrecita menudo susto. Me alegro de que este mejor. Un abrazo fuerte. x

Patrixjasyu said...

¿cómo está ahora? ¿le ha bajado ya la fiebre? ¿te han dicho porqué tuvo el ataque?
Ay pobre chiquiturris. Y pobre tu también.
un abrazo enorme!