Monday, December 15, 2008

*** Baby Shower ***

It snowed like crazy on Friday morning, but I put my boots one and walked to the hairdresser to get a haircut.
Evan got home and wasn't impressed... apparently he really cares about hair...MY hair included. He wants to have a say, but I just don't care. I get too tired of my hair very often, so I cut it... I'm not going to ask him when or how I should cut it everytime.
Anyway, I like it... and for 10 bucks I like it even more. I'm just waiting now for the product to die it... just dark brown....
So Saturday morning we had the BABY SHOWER. My friend Aimee got everything ready, we thought about canceling it because of the snow, but it turned out ok.
My friend Yamma ( from Cuba) came too. I prepared copies of the Family: A Proclamation to the world to those who were not members so I'm glad that I had 3 there to give them to.
We played games ... we had lots of presents...


Isabel slept the whole time....



And the food was SOOOOO GOOD!
My mom made tortillas... and pastelitos... YUMMMO!


And Aimee made the cutest little cake


So... that was it... we celebrated the birth of ISABEL... I really celebrate it everyday.
Every morning and night I thank my Heavenly Father He gave her to me.
I love her.
I think being a mother feels better with time. I find that this being the third time around I can focus more on enjoying every little thing and being more understanding of the not very nice things that come with motherhood.
I am very happy... I am very happy I have the kids I have and that I had them when I had them. I am very happy that I feel the way I feel. I've been blessed to feel this way right from the first time I saw them, from the first time I held them.
They are so precious... I'm so privileged to have them.

4 comments:

Marta F. Rebollos said...

Cada hijo es especial, pero el tercero creo que es maravilloso, porque es ése en el que todos te dicen que estás loca, y sin embargo lo disfrutas tanto que no puedes imaginar no haberlo tenido por nada del mundo. ¿Qué pasará con el cuarto? :)

lorena said...

Jo, menuda fiesta te han montado!!

{irene} said...

Mari la tarta es preciosa!!! e Isabelita tambien!

Patricia said...

joe k rica la tarta tia!!! menuda pinta!! por cierto si k os lo montasteis en grande no???
pos yotb me alegro de los sobrinitos k tngo...lastima k esten tan lejos...pk eso me llena de suma tristeza!!