Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Carmen is a very special girl

Carmen is so very special.
Since the day she was born, she carried with her a sense of extraordinary.
I remember the day I got sealed.
On the way to Seattle, Evan and I talked about the kids we will have and decided on some names.
Carmen will be our first girl.
Carmen means song.
She is certainly the best song.
Our sealer taught us about all the children that were anxiously waiting to come to our home.
She was first in line...
and we didn't make her wait at all!!
9 months after that day, she was born.
and it's been a blessing, an amazing blessing to have her all these 8 years.
We've been preparing for her baptism for the whole past year.
Her understanding of the gospel has developed so much.
During a family home evening i shared my testimony and I guess I used the words :" I have a strong testimony..." to what she responded. "Mom, I also want to have a strong testimony".
So we talked about the times she's felt the spirit, and all the witnesses she's had from the spirit.
She is amazing to me.
During her baptism I felt emotions I had never felt in my life!
I felt joy beyond compare!
It was the most special feeling I have ever had.
She was radiant.
As I received her after getting baptized, she said she was shivering, that she was cold, but "it's weird, cuz I feel all warm inside".
What a day!
It was amazing!
The song we sang together was amazing.
I hope it becomes a theme for her life.
It means so much for me to hear her sing it.
I feel there is no greater joy than to know you're children walk in truth
3 John 1:4
She has made me so happy... so so happy!
When we got home she got to open all the presents she received for her b-day.
She was amazed!
She said the only gift she thought she was getting was the gift of the Holy Ghost...and she got so much more, but "the Holy Ghost is still the best gift!" she said.
And she's right.
There is nothing like entering into covenants with a Heavenly Father that loves us and so wants to bless us.
I feel so blessed.
All the good things in my life have come from God.
And I know that the more I follow His commandments the more I get closer to the best gift He has for us:
to live with Him and our families together forever.


No comments: