Tuesday, November 6, 2012

a week today

a week today my dad left :(
i was so sad i got sick....the day before he left it was like any other of the past 7 weeks:
the kids will go wake him up, he would make them breakfast, he would share of his piece of fruit of his breakfast, he would read and pray with us before driving them to school. 
then he would play with isabel, tease her, make her laugh.... they would chase each other around the house.... fill the house with some more laughs...
we would talk for hours.
deep conversations.
he would help me better understand the gospel and how to apply it in my life.
or talk about his life....his experiences.... I've learned so much from my dad.
how i wish he lived with us.
i tried really hard to convince him.
maybe someday.
after my parents go on a mission, i hope i will be in a position to sponsor them.
so we packed up and picked the kids up from school,
he said goodbye to my friends and their children... and the crying began.
we had some time with him and the kids before we had o drive him to the airport.
the kids played with him, seemingly unaware of what was about to happen. 
we prayed together once again.
at the airport we went with him as far as we could go. and i just lost control of myself.
i simply didn't want him to go.
it had been too long since i had had him around.
there had been 7 amazing weeks and i just couldn't face the end of it.
my poor kids were so sad to see him go it just broke my heart even more... 
and it broke my dad's heart too.
he asked himself what he was supposed to do without them so many times.
he will miss us.
we will miss him.
I was sad, so sad for days.
i had this emptiness that made me feel sick.
and i got sick.
being sick and sad is not a good combo.
i've had to readjust.
back to my reality.
got myself busy again.
i got to the conclusion i have to go to spain.
next summer.
don;t know how we'll do it.
but i have to go back.
3 years without building memories with your parents or grandparents....it's just simply too long.
way too long.



1 comment:

Sarah-Lynn said...

aww, Esther it made me cry just to read this. Even though I couldn't actually have a conversation with your dad, I can feel that he is a really special man. I could also tell that it was so wonderful for you to have him around, and I knew that it would be so hard when he left. I agree, family is too special to not be able to see them often!!!