Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Big Difference

I met with Carmen's teacher today.
What a difference from last year!
I was happy to know she was going to be in a split class with 1-2 Grade, but I was happier to know that she wasn't getting the same teacher as last year.
Carmen always comes home saying nice things her teacher said of her, or the nice things she did in class... etc. After meeting with her, I too adore her. She even made me cry.
She sees the potential I see in my daughter, and she really showed me she cares and loves her as I do.
She is in a mission to make Carmen the best student she can be.
She is very amazed at Carmen's level of comprehension, reading, writing and spelling skills. So even thinks she might be a gifted child... so she's going to be evaluated.
But... she made me cry when she said Carmen has a huge heart.
She kept going on how special Carmen is, how loving and kind.
She said she could tell she came from a loving home.
It really touched me.
Because we love her... I love her! And there is nothing that gives a child more confidence than to know that she is loved.
And that's the best knowledge I can give my daughter... more than any teacher can give her, or what any gifted school can teach her.
I don't need the results of that test to know
SHE IS A VERY SPECIAL CHILD!

3 comments:

Patricia said...

pues claro!acaso lo dudaba alguien!!!! yo tb la kiero y la adoro....pero sobre todo la echo muuuuuuuuuuuuuuucho de menos!!!

Sarahstottle said...

Wow, she sounds like a great teacher! I would have cried if I had been told those things about my child too. I agree with her, Carmen does have a big heart.

lorena said...

Es una niƱa excepcional!! la quiero como nuera ya!!