Saturday, October 16, 2010

The best years




Carmen turned 6 years old yesterday.
She had planned her party since we celebrated Evan's 4th birthday.
A Black Cat theme.
It is very handy to have a baby born so close to Halloween.... the theme is easy ;P
So we did their make up, put a little tail on them and decorated their cupcakes as kitties.
They said it looked more like mouses and rabbits... so never mind.
It was fun.
I tend to stress myself when it comes to birthday parties for my kids. I want it to be especial! But this time I controlled myself and took it easy. After all I am on my own, with three kids running around.... it gets more complicated than you imagine.
Carmen wasn't expecting a present from us. She said that we were family! that we didn't have to get here anything... But first thing in the morning, we went down to the garage, where her very first bike was waiting for her!
It took her a second to realize it was for her.
She is so cute!!
She is so smart, so beautiful, so loving, so bright, so driven, so caring, so thoughtful, so loyal...
I am totally in love with her.
I remember driving down to Seattle Temple to get married and deciding with Evan on the names of our babies.
Carmen was the first one.
I knew I wanted to have her in my family. I just knew.
The sealer told us about these especial spirits that were there, watching, waiting, excited to meet us and to be part of our family.
Carmen was born 9 months after that day.
I am so happy that it happened that way.
I remember the first time my eyes met those big wide open eyes.
They seemed to pierce my soul.
Her spirit talked to my spirit.... we belonged to each other. We were meant to be together forever.
Such an unforgettable moment.
Such and instant bond.
We were finally reunited!
I love her.
I'll love her forever.
She has my heart.
She is my daughter!

3 comments:

lorena said...

Menuda fiesta!!! Tienes una hija preciosa. Muchas felicidades!!

Sarah-Lynn said...

I hope you keep these things you write about your kids, so they can read your beautiful words later in life. Yay for her own bike!! We got one for Adriel's birthday, and we surprised him with it first thing in the morning on his birthday too. We recorded it. I was so excited for his reaction, but he didn't really believe it was his either :)

Patricia said...

k bonita mi sobri............definitivamente tenemos k vivir cerca, k primos va a tener mi Daniella????