Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Being Sick Sucks

I haven't been sick like this in ages... and it sucks.
For some reason I sensed it was coming.
Evan was off work on Saturday and so I asked him to leave with the kids because I really needed some time to relax.
Evan is gone all day, every day...sometimes even the weekends and I felt my body giving in.
So he took them out to a pet store to get new stuff for the fish ( sally is her name) and they came home with two more :D
Instead of relaxing...... what did I do?
I cleaned the two bathrooms, changed everybody's bedding, did 4 loads of laundry, I was folding the last load when they came in.
I showered and left to do grocery shopping. At least I went on my own. Jordan was coming over to watch the Habs game with Evan.
When I got home... I was dead.
And we had people coming over the next day, so I had planned this great meal to have with them... and I was getting stressed my the minute.
I had the most horrible night. My fever as high as ever, and my throat was on fire.
I could barely move...every part of my body hurt... I SHOULD HAVE RESTED RIGHT??
And what made me feel even worse was to have to cancel in such short notice.
I was getting a calling at church too, that I was super excited about... oh well....
Evan took the kids to the Richmond ward to practice their Primary presentation.
When he came back he took great care of me. He prepared me a bath, gave me some pills, prepared chicken noodle soup, and made me a nice frosty citrus juice.
He made the kids food, cleaned the kitchen and tidied up around the house while playing with the kids.
He joined me in bed for a little nap and informed me he was getting sick himself. GREAT!
He went to school on Monday but called me to go pick him up....
I might go to the doctor today. I hate being like this, no opportunity to rest... and now Evan Jr and Isabel are getting sick too...OH this is horrible. I don;t want to take antibiotics because I get a yeast infection E-V-E-R-Y-TIME! But it might be worth it.
Anyway... I'm going to bed... I need more drugs :(

4 comments:

Lara said...

Hija como lo siento! espero que te mejores pronto!!!

Laura said...

how yucky! i hope you are feeling a little better by now.

Patricia said...

jo hija...con tanta descripcion me estaba empezando a sentir enferma yo tb!!!

Sarah-Lynn said...

I'm glad Evan took care of you, as a good husband should. Get better!