Monday, November 9, 2009

Isabel's First B-day


5 months after leaving Nanaimo...we went back!! I was so excited! We got to stay at the Slobodan's ( this amazing falmily...I've talked about them before...they are amazing. Sis. Slobodan was my vt companion for a long time, the 2 daughters I had while I was in the YW in they are awesome!!...) Anyway...they weren't going to be there the first day because they went down to the Temple and the kids kept asking about Paulina, their youngest girl.
It was a busy weekend, you know... you try to squeeze everything you want to do, everyone you want to see...but Saturday morning we got together for ISABEL'S 1st B-DAY PARTY! So we could hang out for a bit and have some fun :D
I was worried that she would just not care much, but she had fun...and she loooooved her presents :D








And she loooooved the cup cake :D









It was fun! Thanks to Auntie Sarah that let us have the party at her house :D
Evryone: Carmen and Isabel. Maria, Isaiah and Jane ( Evan's brother Jordan's children, they look the same, don't they?) Adriel and Sloan ( Sarah's kids) Emily ( Vicky, a friend from the ward's daugther) and Evan.

We spent some time with Brodie ( evan's old group drummer), we watch the Hab's game, we dropped off the kids at Katie's, we went out with Evan's friend's from the reserves. It was nice to get out without kids. We haven't had the chance in like forever to get out together...
and then on Sunday we had church. I can never talk to people at church... it is defenitely not the place I go to visit with people, anyway, I managed to say hello to everyone. I miss it a lot. Nanimo is a great ward. Richmond Ward is being a challenge for me. By the way, I am a primary teacher, for the 9-10 year olds. Another challenge. I am trying to give it time, and not complaint too much, but I'm finding it a bit difficult. It will take time, that's what I keep repeating to myself...
I love Nanaimo, we even had a personal chat with Bishop Ballageer. He is great.
Right after church Natalie was baptized. SHe invited me to sing "What Heavens sees in You"... it is a beautiful song. I practiced not to chock up during it... it was hard. I failed a little :S We don't really know, understand how special we are to our Heavenly Father.... this song gives way to the Spirit to testify you of that, to reassure you of that. I like it a lot.... and we didn't take pictures of that because Evan would just refuse, for some reason....Natalie looked beautiful though.... and the baptism was one of the best I've ever been to.
We had pot luck after and food was delish, and dessert even better :D
We had to rush out to catch the ferry... I was so tired, I was checking my emails and falling asleep reading some...
Now it's time to get back to the routine...It was nice the break.. why do all good things come to an end?? :D




5 comments:

Beth-a-knee said...

yah Ben and I teach the 8-11s, and at first it was this huge challenge to me but it definitly got better. Probably about the time I began to really know and like all the kids.

Carmen and Isabel are so beautiful! I know you hear it all the time though.

lorena said...

Feliz Cumpleaños para Isabel!!!Está preciosa, pero es que Carmen es de CINE!!

Patrixjasyu said...

¡Un añito tiene ya la peque! Jolín, si no andaba este verano... y la próxima vez que la vea ya me dirá cosas, como su hermana que es una metralleta (monísima, eso si).
Que guapo está Evan.
Ay los cambios maripili, los cambios... Como tu dices: cuántos desafíos, menos mal que tenemos los buenos momentos para aferrarnos a ellos (con uñas y dientes, que el corazón también tiene de eso por lo visto)

Sarah-Lynn said...

It was a really beautiful song, you made everyone choke up!

Patricia said...

tia......te echo de menos, como me gustaria k vivieras esas cosas conmigo y con Fran que con esa gente desconocida para mi. La vida no es justa!!!! Isabel...cuanto la kiero!!!