Monday, January 19, 2009

QuInTo AnIvErSaRiO de bOdAs





This last weekend we celebrated 5 amazing years of marriage :D
And I think amazing is the correct word to describe it.
Five years might seem like a very short period of time, but I can't believe how much it has taught me. About me... about the plan... about my Saviour. It is the most spiritual experience I've ever had.... like the mission, but five years of it, and with the same companion :D
At times like my favorite companion, other times... well, other times like other type of companion :D
All in all... my favorite time in my life. I know my husband is not perfect nor would I say I am , but we are more perfect together :D
I love him. I chose him to be my companion for all eternity and I haven't changed my mind. I still want him by my side for ever and ever... and as long as he wants me by his, I will be.
I am very different from who I was 5 years ago, and in part I owe it to him. Plus, I have the 3 most beautiful kids in the world and I couldn't have had them without him.
Five years ago we went on our honeymoon... it was great. ( let's not forget that's when Carmen was conceived :D)... this time Evan wanted to have a second honeymoon.
My mom stayed with Carmen and Evan and we took Isabel with us to Vancouver. That's where we spent 5 days in our original honeymoon.
We then stayed in the Marriott, this time we stayed in the Westin. A five star hotel in downtown Vancouver. Our room was in the 21st floor, with a beautiful sight over the city, except it was so foggy it seemed like we were in the middle of a cloud.
The first night we headed down to Chinatown. We had the best Chinese we've ever had according to Evan. Then we went back to our hotel and watched the movie "Wanted"... not bad, but a lot of swearing.(I wouldn't recommend it unless you have clearplay that gets rid of the swearing and the sex scene).
The morning after we made an appearance in Grandma B's b-day...she is 92...wow! It gave me the chance to give some people the baby announcement. Then we made an obligatory stop and Krispy Kream for some delicious doughnuts :D. We couldn't miss a good hockey game...the habs won, woho!! And the we went to Joe Forte's for dinner. Isabel was unbelievably good for us the whole time, plus being so cute, people kept stopping to make comments about how beautiful she was... It's funny people thought she was our first and were quite surprised when they found out she was our third :D
We had oysters for the first time...and they were sooo good. It was such a good dinner...and it was fun to walk around, see some action happening ( not like in Nanaimo)and plus the nice little stop we made at the chocolate factory place for some caramel dipped apples.
So... it was so nice to be alone, remember the things we did when we first got married, make plans for the future... I can't wait to see ourselves in 5 years and see how far we'll come.
The only bummer of the trip... I got my period :S Nothing surprising, since the same happened after having Evan... I bled for 5 weeks and after 5 more weeks I had my period... Oh, well... the joys of being a woman!
Hope you enjoy the pictures!

7 comments:

Marta F. Rebollos said...

Qué bonito lo que dices!!!! Y jolines, guapa, tres hijos en cinco años. Me has alcanzado en lo que yo he tardado más del doble!! :)
Enhorabuena por tu preciosa familia... y a por el cuarto!!!, jajaja, que si la mayor fue concebida en vuestra primera luna de miel, el cuarto puede venir perfectamente concebido en la segunda, jejeje... :)

Slobodans said...

Congratulations! Sounds like you had a wonderful anniversary! Did you stay at the Westin Grand? That's where we stayed after we got married and it was beautiful!

{irene} said...

Jo guapa!!..menudo resumen!...5 anyos!!!!!...si parece que fue ayer cuando te estaba depilando las cejas en el hotel el dia del sellamiento!...jajajjaja

{irene} said...

Jo guapa!!..menudo resumen!...5 anyos!!!!!...si parece que fue ayer cuando te estaba depilando las cejas en el hotel el dia del sellamiento!...jajajjaja

Esther J. Clarke said...

No no... no hay cuarto...aun :D.....segurisimo segurisimo que no ha sido concebido :D
Y si que pasa rapido el tiempo... no me lo creo... ojala pudiera dar marcha atras y reviuvir de nuevo todo...

Andrea said...

Congratulations, Esther and Evan! And, boy, Evan with his hair like that looks like our dad's identical twin at that age!

lorena said...

Como me alegro que seas tan feliz; me encanta ver a la gente que quiero con sus vidas ordenadas...eres muy afortunada por tener una famila tan especial! Felicidades por tus 5 años!!!