Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The innocence of a child

I had one of those special moments with Carmen.
Isabel was coughing so hard ( she has been sick for the last 3 weeks) it was making her puke and Carmen and Evan were all over us, even getting to step on the puke... and to tell you the truth I was getting nervious, so I grabbed them by the hand and pushed them out of the bedroom ( not quite gently) and closed the door ( not gently either).
They started crying and Evan brought Carmen back in the room. He said she wanted to say sorry. I was still cleaning up the mess so I said "Not now, please". He said: But you hurt her feelings and she wants to say sorry" .... Grrrrrrrrrr couldn't he see it was not a good moment???
"OK, Carmen...what do you want to say?" " I am sorry mommy" So we hugged and they left. But moments later, when everything was in peace she came to me and asked: "Mom, what's feelings??"
What you feel in your heart.
"And they hurt?"
Sometimes, when somebody is mean or rude, they can be hurt and it makes you cry.
"Aaaaahh... that's not nice"
No, it is not.
How innocent children are!
I wish I could be more like them. So humble an loving, right after being reprimanded they come for a hug and say "I love you".
It is one more of the lessons my children teach me on a daily basis. It is one more of the reasons why I LOVE motherhood!

2 comments:

Patricia said...

lo cierto es k los niños son nuestros mas grandes maestros...por eso el Salvador los quiso tanto y cuidó tanto de ellos! Espero k estas lecciones de la vida que nos dan nunca se nos olviden!!! MIS SOBRIS SON TAN LINDOS!!!!

Patrixjasyu said...

Si, a mi también me fascina esa docilidad, y esa curiosidad, y toda esa ternura, y apertura de corazón, y y y