Monday, September 22, 2008

Weekend Events

I have mixed emotions about this weekend... let's say it has been bittersweet. 
I had such a good couple of days... but happiness in this life doesn't last too long. 
 A good shopping session always makes me feel really good. 
On Friday we got a very needed bedding set. After almost 5 years of marriage we had been sleeping on a horrible bed and finally a few months ago we got a nice one. Needless to say I've been sleeping great!
A month ago we bought a new duvet. We'd been using one Evan had  that was meant for a double bed ( with a cover made by one of his ex-girlfriends... I must admit I put up with it for too long). It was OK on our queen but it was old and small, so we finally got one the right size.
I didn't really know what design I wanted or colors and we didn't see much I liked, but as we entered in quilts etc. at the mall, really just wanting to look around, I saw it... beautiful set...so we got it... it looks even better once we saw it on our bed... I keep forgetting about it and so when I enter the room it always surprises me. Like: OH, I forgot it looks nice in here now!
And on Saturday we got a cocktail table and an end table for our living room. I was not very convinced about them there at the store but I like the look of them now in my house.
I thought we were having a good day. We went to visit a couple from Mexico and Chile that has just move to our stake, to our neighbouring branch, and we had a good evening with them... so all day with family, beautifying our home little by little... only to have a bit of down at night.
You think things are great when reality just slaps you in the face.
So I didn't really have a good sleep in the beautiful bed I have now.
I trust there is One who knows why I have to go thru the things I have to go thru. I trust He will help to put an end to my worries and make it all right.
Good thing the new day was Sunday... day of worship. The Spirit so uplifting, the Gospel so full of hope, the Sacrament so sacred of an ordinance, the Saviour so merciful to all... The Sabbath that helps me put all in perspective and helps me be more optimistic.
Evan was out all day after Church. He had  a Stake Priesthood meeting. I was really tired and my babies were good to me. Evan had a nice nap and Carmen played nicely with our neighbours  so I could rest for a bit...but didn't manage to fall sleep... too many things to think about. So what do I do instead??? Clean.... Cleaning, as funny as it sounds, has a very calming effect on me. Maybe it has a meaning.... the desire to be clean and pure inside too. Who knows.
There is nothing greater than the joy we find in families... no wonder why it is families that are under attack.
Very true the words of our Prophte David O Mckay: "No success in the world can compensate for the failure in the home"


6 comments:

Marta F. Rebollos said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marta F. Rebollos said...

Bueno, mucho ánimo peri, que lo bueno sobrepuje a lo malo :) Por lo menos el domingo pudiste reponer fuerzas. Es verdad que el día de reposo nos ayuda a poner las cosas en la perspectiva correcta.
Y una de las cosas más importantes que dices (me estoy dando cuenta en las últimas semanas): el optimismo. Es ESENCIAL!! Necesitamos MUCHO ver las cosas desde un punto de vista optimista, y confiar mucho en el Señor. Si hacemos nuestra parte (con nuestros mejores esfuerzos) Él toma las riendas y todo será para nuestro bien :)
Un beso!

lorena said...

Amén Marta!! Lo importante es poner nuestra vida en manos del Señor y él se encarga de hacer el resto!

Patricia said...

nena!!!! animo k yo te kiero mucho y no keda nada para k nos veamos despues de mas de un año!!!!!!!

silvia said...

Yo no entiendo ni papa de tu entrada, pero si te sirven de algo mis palabras "animo" que queda menos...

Esther J. Clarke said...

Gracias a todas nenas... es lo q hay...tenemos q pasar las pruebas con paciencia y ya esta. Os quiero a todas!