Thursday, September 18, 2008

I feel happy...

Yesterday I had my monthly appointment with my midwife... and the visit left me happy for the rest of the day.
I don't know why... maybe it was the things we talked about. That I've lost 3 of those 5 pounds I put on last month ( which makes me one pound lighter than when I got pregnant), that the baby is in perfect position, that the 3 time in labor comes easier, that she is very confident that I'll do good, that I'm closer closer to see her face, that my mom is coming so soon now!!, that I'm starting my every two weeks appointments, that I filled out the hospital papers, which means that I could practically give birth anytime now ( but 9 weeks to go still sound good to me), that we heard Isabel's heart to loud and clear, that I'm not having that gross test for diabetes this time but I still have to check my iron....
All in all... I'm feeling great. The more active I keep the better I feel and the more I believe my recovery from labor will be easier.
I was in such a good mood all day.
I had a bit of peace while Carmen was in ballet and later we went to clean the chapel and then to the gym. We got something to eat and put the kids to bed. ( that by-the-way it is getting easier now) and Evan and I had time to cuddle and watch "Empire of the Sun" such a good movie. I had seen it ages ago... so long ago I didn't really remember any of it. Needless to say I fell asleep and woke up right at the end... just in time to catch Evan crying his eyes out.
The good mood still remains today. I got up and made yummy strawberry-banana milkshake with pancakes for breakfast, I made Evan his lunch, I finished watching the movie ( I had a good crying session myself too), I did some laundry, some cleaning in the kitchen... and who knows what the day has in store for me :D
I love happy days... 
it is not very sunny outside, but for sure it feels sunny inside :D

8 comments:

Marta F. Rebollos said...

¡Qué bien! Me alegro mucho! Me has animado el día a mí también con tanto comentario optimista :)

Sara said...

Solo 9 semanas!!! Se me ha pasado rapidisimo. Me alegro mucho de que te encuentres tan bien, y has perdido peso embarazada...como lo haces? dime tu secreto.

Esther J. Clarke said...

Supongo q podriamos estar contentas de por vida por todo lo bueno q nos pasa, pero q dificil es a veces... menos mal q vienen dias como este :D
Y claro Sara q a ti se te ha pasado volando...jajaja! Yo q lo llevo encima, nunca mejor dicho, pues ya etoy agotada, pero no demasiado :D
No tengo secreto... todo es proponerselo. Con Evan puse 56 libras ,vamos,q nunca he estado como una silfide...pero como para no plantearmelo esta vez!!!

Laura said...

what movie is that? i've never heard of it. but i'm always happy to watch a movie that makes you cry!

Patricia said...

loba solo piensas en tu mama k ya va pronto pero no te acuerdas de tu hermanita que tb esta a punto de verte!! me alegra que te vaya bien espero k la cosa mejore por momentos!!!

lorena said...

Hay amiga, que poco te queda!! Me imagino las ganas que tienes ya de estar con tu niña!! Gracias por tus comentarios tan positivos.

Beth-a-knee said...

yah me too. i love that Evan isn't ashamed to cry in movies. that's really great that you're feeling so happy.

Esther J. Clarke said...

The movies has Christian Bale in it when he was like 11 an he does an AMAZING job. John Malkovich is also in it. It is set in ShangHai during 1941-48 world war II.. it is really good. It is also called Empire of the Rising Sun...watch it! and tell me what you think!