Monday, October 17, 2011

doctor's orders

thursday night i started getting the chills.
i knew what it was coming, and it didn't look good.
i spent the evening with evan and some friends at his fraternity house.
and when i got home i was shivering and burning with fever.
i couldn't get warm... and needless to say i had the most terrible night.
friday morning evan got lunches ready and drove the kids to school and even got a treat for carmen's  class for her b-day.
by some miracle i got out of bed, had a shower , took isabel along and drove to the doctor.
i went to two clinics and were all booked for the day!!
i tried a third, and had to wait for 1 1/2 hours to get in.
the doctor said i might have mononucleosis... please nooo!!
so she send me to have some lab work done.
thank goodness it was empty and i had it done right away.
i picked up the kids from school and went straight to bed.
evan got back from school, mowed the lawn with our new lawnmower and packed his stuff for work this weekend.
i made some dinner and drove him to the base.
of course i would get sick and he would have to work!!
at 3am carmen gets up with a pain in her jaw, she said. i though she might be getting her molars, but when she pointed at it, i knew it was and ear infection. and she was boiling hot! GREAT!
the next day we all went to the doctor again.
way to celebrate carmen's b-day!!
this time we had to wait for 2 good hours!
i took the kids to mcdonalds....
apparently it wasn't enough to have 3 kids entertained for that long wait.
my lab results showed that i didn;t have mono, so she prescribed me some antibiotics for my tonselitis and carmen has a nasty ear infection, so she was put in antibiotics as well.
when i got to the pharmacy they said i had to wait for 45 min to get the medicine!
I wanted to cry!!!
trying to get 3 restless kids out of there was even more frustrating.... so i did cry then! we were all crying in the car for good 15 min.
serioulsy, you don't want to be sick and be in a waiting area with 3 kids for 3 hours!!!!!!! and if you do, well, then it will make you cry too!
i didn't wait for the medicine, i drove home, and the kids fell asleep on the way there.
i carried them inside and succumbed into bed. 2 hours later i woke up, called up my neighbour, asked her to watch the kids while i ran to the pharmacy.
i even had to wait for 15 min!!!!
crazy!
i got to get some groceries. load up in yoghurt and easy lunches for the kids.
sunday i got a visit from my visiting teacher, brought the kids dinner and a soup for me.
it saved my life.
at 8'30 evan called me, he needed me to go pick him up.
i couldn;t find my car keys.
i was getting more and more frustrated. i knew isabel had gotten them to play and who knows where they could be!
carmen said we could say a prayer, she did and she turned around and found them!!!
we had been over that spot all that time and hadn't seen them.
know can say God doesn't answer prayers?? they won't convinced me!!
so we got daddy :D and everyone fell asleep on the way home.
that was my weekend.
your jelause aren't you??

4 comments:

Beth-a-knee said...

oh my goodness what a nightmare! I would have cried too! I hope you guys get better soon!

Sarah-Lynn said...

Aww, that was painful just to read about!!! I hate waiting at the doctors with my kids. I can't imagine having to do it sick.

Rachel Kingsley said...

I would have cried too!! :( Glad you survived.

Lisa S. Luckey said...

Oh man I hope you're starting to feel better.