Monday, October 10, 2011

Thanks Giving.... Giving Thanks!

Every time that it's time for a family gathering... I dread it a little.
Evan has a HUGE family!! And LOTS of kids... which makes MADNESS around the house.
I have to cook, clean, organize, to later do more cleaning, and more organizing... and you know who does all that.
ME!
(well, Tracy is always always cleaning with me).
It just means a lot of work for me... but for some reason I always get excited!
So I got my mom's recipe for turkey, and even though I only had it marinating for a day instead of three, the turkey was AMAZING!
there were mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes ( with roasted marshmallows!!), curried broccoli and cauliflower ( we were not sure if traditional Laura would have approved of this one ;P), corn, cranberry sauce, stuffing, gravy and hot, fluffy buns!
Pumpkin pie, cherry pie and ice cream for dessert.
( I didn't have any.... I never can after dinner, but don't worry, I have a pumpkin pie and an apple one I made left that I'll be having today :P).
SO I have many things I can give thanks for:
I didn't screw up turkey,
I have a big house to get family together,
and a new Clarke coming to the clan :D!!!!
(Not mine, Delanie's!!!)
I told you!!! SO many things to be grateful for!!! 

No comments: