Sunday, June 26, 2011

my baby is home!

evan had been "fighting" to get a week of at work so that he could come... and they finally gave it to him, but they told him that they couldn't drive him to and from the airport or pay for the air fare.
so we lost hope.
i had some wishful thinking that at some point they would tell him... or that he would find worth the trip to see me (but i knew we couldn't just spend $600+ on plane tickets).
i even asked him if there was a tiny tiny chance that i could see him, but he said no. and so i stopped hoping for the impossible.
then last week they had some excercise out in the woods for the whole week, so we hardly spoke on the phone, but one time he said he was going to get back on friday so that we would talk then.
then friday came and he called me to tell me to get on skype at around 10pm.
i was so excited!!
i had put the kids to bed and i was laying in bed with isabel but she woulldn't fall asleep.
i hear a knock on the door.
i don't want to open it. it is dark and i am alone. i am not going down.
they knock again.
louder, firmer.
now i am scared. i think it is the police.
i sheepishly open...
it is EVAN!!!!!
i was in shock. 
he says i couldn't breathe, i had palpitations...
i couldn't believe my eyes.
for a moment i was so confused....but it felt so good to have him in my arms!
it feels really good actually.
so if you've seen me, that's why i have a smile from ear to ear.
i am so excited.
this week is going to go by so fast, but i am so excited.
so if you don't hear much from me, you know i am just having fun with the whole fam!!

3 comments:

Sarah-Lynn said...

That IS the best surprise ever!! I would have been totally nervous to answer the door! I wish I could have seen your face- I bet it was priceless. Have a fun week!

Lara said...

Disfruta mucho!! jejeje

Lisa S. Luckey said...

Yay! That is so fun! Congratulations and enjoy!