Monday, November 8, 2010

Amigos! pero que pasa???

That's a quote from Sid the Sloth in Ice Age 3. Maria and Jane ( my nieces) came for a sleep over and once they found out what that meant, they kept saying it over and over.
It is hilarious to me when somebody with ZERO idea of Spanish practices all they know with me.
It is just funny. It always makes me smile :D
I speak with an accent, they probably think I sound hilarious too... though Evan keeps saying my accent is sexy ;P
Now that I go to the Hispanic Ward they also pretend to speak with my Spanish accent.... and they always suck!! They want to speak with the "zeta" sound and they always use the Z in the S!
I love my ward!
We had a talent show last Saturday. Carmen sang with me and then I sang on my own. Evan Jr wanted to do break dance, but he backed down on the last minute. Evan had to work -but don't get me started on what I think about spending the whole weekend on my own :( ...
I invited some friends and it was fun!
On Sunday I got my calling: Secretary in the RS... a first for me. But I'm super excited to work with the amazing ladies of the ward... and I must mentioned I got the most beautiful blessing.
I am also in charge of the women's choir and it seems I'll be playing for everybody else's musical numbers. Every Wednesday I am at the Church in every kind of activity -meeting, I am super excited!That's all I've known growing up: total involvement in the ward, so... I am loving it!
Anyway.... December is coming fast and I can't wait!!!
I am super excited about Christmas. Since we decided to go down to the Leonard's ( Our most favorite family... it's as if we were truly family) son's wedding that's all I can think about!



3 comments:

Patrixjasyu said...

jejej, me recuerda a los mensajes en ingles que la gente lleva aquĆ­ escritos en la ropa y no tienen ni idea de lo que significa.
Enhorabuena por tu llamamiento!!

Patricia said...

nena!!! y no hay fotos de carmen cantando contigo???? asi k el evan se rajo!!??? jajajajaj k rico!! pa´ habermelo comido!!!

Sarah-Lynn said...

Relief Society secretary should be fun! I always thought it would be fun to be a secretary for an auxillary. Your accent is sexy. (your spanish-english one, I don't know about the other way, but I'm sure it's sexy too.)