Thursday, July 8, 2010

Grades...Notas.... Calificaciones

Carmen's grades from school were really good.
Remember getting your grades in school???
In Spain all was Progresses Appropriately or Needs Improvement...
Here it is Meeting expectations, or Exceeding expectations.
Carmen is exceeding in reading.
(Seriously she is a 2nd grade reader.
She has read almost 200 books since she started school).
Once I got into high school...getting grades was not too exciting.... I actually dreaded that day!!
Math especially. That is the one subject I failed every single year! And my last year I barely made it. Mind you I took that year twice!
I really thought I was stupid.
I never took the test to access University because I seriously didn't consider myself one of those who could make it... My average was 6.2... it is not great but it is not bad! I could have done it... I know that now.
Anyway... got me thinking....
It sucks to be tested, to feel under pressure, to be under judgement.
I think of everything is EXPECTED of me...and how I fail... oh how I fail, time after time!
We are not ALL 10's.
We are not 10's at everything... but that doesn't mean our 10's in somethings are less 10's because we are 4's in something else.
I need to remember that more often!
Needless to say I can't wait till I can start going to school... And I have even considered going to medical school. I've always wanted to and why not?

4 comments:

Lara said...

es interesante como podemos sacar "sobresalientes" en todo, pero si hay algo que no se nos da bien, solo nos fijamos en nuestros fracasos mas que en nuestros logros...Por que somos asi??

Patricia said...

tia...y no tiras fotos de la gran estudiante??? mira k.................
k estres de vida! para k luego digan k la vida de estudiante es facil!

Andrea said...

Sure, we're not all '10's' but you are smart - no doubt about it! A test doesn't always reflect what you know but it also reflects how well you write tests which is not about how smart you are! I am sure you could have done University easily!

Lisa S. Luckey said...

Good for you going in for medical school! I think you would be great at it.