Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Will I miss it???


I absolutely love nursing.
Being able to breastfeed all my babies has been a blessing. It is interesting, though, how each of them have been a different and unique experience.
Carmen was the BEST. I produced lots of milk and she loved it. When it was time to stop ( at around 9 months old), she had no problem changing to a bottle, and she's been a really good eater after that.
Evan, bless my soul, was hard. He would only take one breast, so it left my nipple bleeding, left me lob-sided, and it left him hungry... not very pleasant but still good. He stopped at 8 months. (I couldn't wait any longer to have my boobs back to my normal size again!).
Isabel has been good too. I didn't get the milk right away, and she was almost premature so she has been drinking bottles from the beginning.
The problem is now that I want to stop nursing ( she is almost 18 months!) and SHE WON"T LET ME!.
I try to talk to her into giving me my freedom back...but this is her face! :D

She is not letting me... not yet.
And even though I want to stop, I now that I will continue to nurse as long as she wants.
I know I will not be able to give her the best of everything, but at least i give her the best option of feeding right now.


(PS: Does anybody know of a good plastic surgeon for my boob job??
No kidding!
I am happy with my size....but we all know they are not the same).





6 comments:

Beth-a-knee said...

oh my goodness, Owen won't let me stop either, he's so attached to nursing! He doesn't really drink from bottles, just chews on them. I want my boobs back too!

Marta F. Rebollos said...

Jajaja... yo sé de una persona muy allegada que se ha puesto pechos ace poco por esa misma razón. A mí me parece una barbaridad, la verdad, pero claro, cada una tiene sus sentimientos a respecto.
Para mí, dar el pecho también ha sido una experiencia muy especial. Es verdad que con cada hija ha sido muy diferente, y la que más me aguantó fue Valeria, hasta los 7meses; así que ya ves, no mucho :D
De todas formas yo creo que mi leche era desnatada, porque no engordaban nada, aunque tuve suerte con el sueño porque las tres empezaron a dormir toda la noche del tirón a las pocs semanas.
En fin, disfruta mucho de lo que te queda. Es triste cuando ves que se acaba... pero es verdad que es la mejor opción de todas!!

Sarah-Lynn said...

Ha ha, that picture is hilarious!!! How can you say no to that adorable face?! I can't say I've experienced the child that doesn't want to stop nursing- both of mine stopped on their own, but I hear it can be hard to handle sometimes. I know what you mean about boobs, I want my pre-baby boobs back, I never really got to say good-bye to them!!

Esther J. Clarke said...

Sarah...you're not nursing anymore!!! I didn't know that!!

Patricia said...

pues hablando de pechos! yo estoy plana...asi k imagina ahora! k hasta mi suegro (asco) ha hecho un comentario sobre eso!!! Fran flipaba!

Tania Jabonero said...

Jo pues 18 meses la Isabelita va a tener hasta novio!!! sobre todo para que sea independiente!!
Y si fue la mejor opcion!!!