Thursday, October 16, 2008

*** Carmen's 4th B-day!! ***

It was a good day today. Carmen was very excited about her party... and so was I!
I went to a visit with my midwife in the morning. Two more pounds... oh, well... and I have frozen my account at the gym starting next month. I am done exercising I think. I feel super heavy and tired, something that my midwife noticed, by the way, and worried her. She sent me to have my blood tested so while Carmen was at ballet I went to the lab.
They want to make sure my iron level is up because I have high losses of blood at birth and they want to be prepared. She talked to me about different shots I can get to prevent another huge hemorrhage.
The happy event was preparing for the
PRINCESS PARTY!
I had a bunch of beads and treats to make bracelets with the girls and I bought little princesses bags filled with candy and a pair of cute hair clips for them to take home.
Carmen asked for a pink cake with "shape sparkles"... so that's what she got.


She looked as beautiful as always.


I can't believe she is 4!
I actually can.
I just can't believe I am a mother of a such a wonderful 4 year old. She is so grown up now. She talks so much, she learns so fast, she knows so much.... she is such a doll!

She is so ready ( and so excited) to have a little sister. She is already saying all the things she is going to do to help me with Isabel.... and I can't wait to see her!
It is such a blessing to be her mother.
She loves me....
She is very special.
She forgives me for all my temper tantrums and she is quick to show me love.
I love her beyond words.

8 comments:

{irene} said...

Que guapa esta mi Carmen!!!!,....es una amor de ninya!

lorena said...

Muchas felicidades para tu princesa que está guapísima!! La tarta tiene una pinta...espero que lo pasarais bien. A mi me toca la semana que viene que Alvarillo también cumple 4.
Por cierto, la tarta de limón: la base es muy sencillo, galletas con mantequilla, o si no, la masa quebrada que venden en el super para tartas.
La crema:
2 limones
2 huevos
130g de azucar
150g de mantequilla.
Derrite la mantequilla en un cazo a fuego lento. Mezcla los huevos con el azucar y lo añades a la mantequilla. Exprime los limones y lo incorporas a la mezcla. Remueve a fuego lento y prúebalo, para ver si está rico en azucar, si ves que está muy ácido apra tu gusto, le vas echando azucar hasta que esté como tú quieres. Remueve a fuego lento hasta que empiece a hervir. Lo retiras y dejas enfriar un poco. Lo añandes a la base y lo metes en el frigo una hora para que se espese.
Mucha suerte y a ver si te gusta!!

Patricia said...

pues si k esta wapa la nena!! y la abuela?? dnd hay fotos de la abuela????

Sara said...

Happy Birthday Carmen! No me acordaba que nuestras hijas solo se llevan unos dias. Madison cumple 4 el lunes pero lo celebramos manana. Tambien vamos hacer una "Princess & Pirate Party" asique menudo stress llevo. Me alegro de que lo pasara muy bien.

Penélope said...

¡¡Muchas felicidades a Carmen!! Menuda super fiesta, se tuvo que sentir como una verdadera princesita, con vestido a juego y todo. Se la ve una niña muy especial. Muchos besos.

silvia said...

FELICIDADES PARA CARMEN, ESTA GUAPISIMA, PARECE UNA PRINCESITA,UNBESOTE.

Patrixjasyu said...

Madre mía, esta niña está más bonita con cada año que pasa.
Felicidades a las dos. (Y un beso para tu madre)

Tania Jabonero said...

JOlines Lorena pues voy yo tambien hacer la tartataleta esa de limon jajaja que majas eres!!!!!!!

Carmencita!!!!!! 4 ya madre mia, si aun recuerdo lo peque q era! cuando llegue a CAnada!!!