Friday, May 3, 2013

Look at the bright side....

well, Evan finished school with straight A's.
one more year and then LAW SCHOOL!!
he's not just handsome... he's so smart! he doesn't only have the looks... he has the brains.
i always knew it ;)
so now I have him home all for myself... well, I share him with his love for music, since he spends a lot of time in the garage, working on recordings, etc.
something else that's exciting is that the sun is coming out!! 
the joy of summer!!
the joy of sunshine!!
i love the sun!!
as much as i tried to raise money to go to spain, i won't be able to go.
the good thing is that my mom doesn't have cancer....phewwwwww!
so we are not in such of a rush to be with her, although i miss her.... i miss her terribly... i miss her badly and wished i could go. but i'll just have to wait.
we prayed so much for work, but evan hasn't been called to work just yet, so things are going to suck this summer if he doesn't get any work. 
but i did get a small job.
we 're praying and i was giving thanks for the job and the kids got all excited and asked me what i was going to do for work... i said: I'm cleaning! but they weren't so excited, it was disappointing! i guess they expected to be a more glamorous job. but it pays really good, just one hour a day, done right in time to get the kids from school and spend the rest of the day with them.
in spain we have a saying: "no se me caen los anillos por limpiar". that's like i don't have any problem doing dirty work, it doesn't lower my class. people might think that their job defines them.
not me.
what defines me is how well i do it.
and i am a darn good cleaner :)
 i also got another piano student and got some day care lined p for the summer.
so i'm very blessed.

1 comment:

amyleigh said...

I totally agree with you...first about the sunshine, and then about the work! I also believe that it's how you do your job, not what you do FOR a job, that defines you. Anyway, cleaners are doing such a helpful and needed service...think of how much they help people...I don't think it's a dirty job at all! I hope you don't mind me sharing my opinion :)