Thursday, May 30, 2013

things ahead

we've been thinking about a couple of things for a while, and finally we prayed about it and the decision has been made:

1. We are moving back to the English ward in Richmond where we live.
It will be still in the same stake, and we still want to join the spanish ward for activities and stuff, but we talked to our bishop and let him know he will have to find a new seminary teacher and a new relief society president.
to be honest, having this calling of such responsibility at a time in my life when i least expected it, has been a total blessing. it was something that i thought would have never been asked of me. but i've learned, like i did on my mission, that i can do so much more with God's help than what i could on my own.  my testimony of this work has grown ever more, and i've felt of God's love for me and His daughters in the kingdom.
a total blessing.
i've also learned some more about leadership.
good leaders don't make followers, they build leaders, and that has been my greatest challenge.
but certainly God is in every detail of His church. 
What a blessing to be a witness of this!
So we're going to make the most of this summer because we are making the move in September!
(this is exciting to me!! although i will miss the sisters, i am still excited because i love changes!!)

2. We're having a baby!!
The plan is to get pregnant before September because we want a baby next may-june next year!
evan will be graduated from his bachelors degree just before having the baby, so that he can help out for a little bit before he might have to leave for the summer for work, and he'll start law school with a brand new baby!!!! exciting!!!!!
evan jr is also getting baptized next summer, so if family members and friends want to come over they get to see the new baby and the baptism...clever! i know! anything to lure them to come!!!

3. isabel enters kindergarten!!!
We had the welcome to kindergarten session and of course she LOVED it!!!!
she is super excited!!
I can't believe it!
it will be the first time that i am without babe when they get in school! i am excited too!! :)
I have been looking at a translating course that i want to take, but it might not start in september, so i might do something else. we'll see... but i am excited! 
it will be my belly and i.
i can't wait.



1 comment:

Sarah-Lynn said...

Those are some exciting changes!! I'm glad that you are changing wards, for my own selfish reasons for when I visit... Any yay for another baby!! Sounds like an exciting year is ahead of you :)