Friday, May 17, 2013

my parents

This is my parents on their wedding day.
34 years ago.

I miss them.
I talked to my mom on mother's day.
I told her it was time for me to have another baby. I know she worries about me, so I didn't  know what her reaction would be like. But I wanted her to know that being a mother, that bringing up God's children is my most important role... and I love it!
I was talking to my dad and I told them two things about carmen and evan that happened and melted my heart:
We had some friends over to have a lesson with the missionaries. The kids were playing outside and carmen would walk inside every once in a while.
One of those times she asked me to translate: Let your testimony grow into Spanish.
well, I did, and didn't think much of it.
But when this couple was leaving, she brought them a card she had made for them.
This is it:
(Let your testimony grow)

(Read the Scriptures and you'll feel happy.
Ask Jesus and He will answer you)

Isn't she amazing????
She amazes me!!

And the other anecdote was about Evan,
we were at some friends house, and the 19 years old daughter was leaving to a b-day party and evan wanted to go with her. She told him it was not a children's party. So evan asked her how old her friends was turning. so she said: She's turning 19. and Evan said: So she can go on a mission now!!!

Can you now see why I say I have the best kids in the universe!!!????!!!!!

When I shared this with my dad, I told him those are the things I experience with my kids. That's my everyday life. The way they fill my life with inexplicable joy!
To what he responded: "And you deserve it, my daughter... you deserve it".

He talks to Carmen for a few moments and he cries. Amazed at her incredible soul.
He talks to Evan and he uses his time to teach him about being a good man, a man of God.
He talks to Isabel and he becomes a little boy again, playful and full of love.

It just breaks my heart to be so far away from them.
I have the best parents in the world.
I am so lucky I can't believe it.
 It's been 4 years I haven't seen my mother.
4 years since I was in Spain the last time.
That's hard.
Really hard.
How grateful I am to know that we have eternity to be together and grow closer and closer as a family.
Although apart, and missing he everyday life....we'll still be a family. with all the time in the world to enjoy of each other.

That's what I'm holding on to.
That's my faith. That's my source if strength.

5 comments:

The Hall Family said...

I loved reading this post. We are so grateful for your family. So sorry that you have to be so far away from them., you come from a wonderful family, and you are creating. Thank goodness families are forever!

The Hall Family said...

I loved reading this post. We are so grateful for your family. So sorry that you have to be so far away from them., you come from a wonderful family, and you are creating. Thank goodness families are forever!

Esther J. Clarke said...

Thank you so much!! I love you guys! I have this feeling you are my family even though we are not blood related!

Esther J. Clarke said...

Thank you so much!! I love you guys! I have this feeling you are my family even though we are not blood related!

Esther J. Clarke said...

Thank you so much!! I love you guys! I have this feeling you are my family even though we are not blood related!