Friday, April 15, 2011

call me stupid...

this morning i didn't have time to prepare lunch for carmen, so when i dropped her off i told her to be waiting for me at the park by the road and look out for our car so that she could get her lunch.
( that way i don't have to get the kids out of the car...less of an ordeal :P)
well... i went and there she was... by the zebra crossing playing with some rocks, waiting for us.
my heart melted.
she came to the door and grabbed her food: "What do i have?" she asked, waiting so excitedly for the answer. "Pizza, and oatmeal cookies!" i said. She smiled from ear to ear! she blew me a kiss, waived good-bye and close the car door.
but, here ( call me stupid...) is when i didn't want to leave.
she just stood there waiving good-bye and i didn't move. I could hear her say :"you can leave now!"
but since we weren't moving, she came and pushed her cute little nose against the window to say bye to evan and isabel in the back. 
she smiled at them too.
my dear daughter,
she is so grown up, and here i am trying to stop time and retain this moment forever.
i know many people have suggested that i worked to have a better financial situation.
the luxury of not living check by check.
but i am grateful i haven't worked since i became a mother.
i am glad i haven't missed any little detail of their first 5 years of life.
call me stupid, but i wouldn't change it for a better car, for a house of my own, for more vacation trips, matching furniture or better/more clothes.
call me stupid, but my kids are my everything!

2 comments:

Sarah-Lynn said...

Definitely not stupid!! I know what you mean, it would be nice to push the pause button sometimes.

Me said...

I loved your post Esther! I totally agree about not caring about sacrificing certain things (trips, furniture, etc..) so that I don't miss out on the beginning of my children's lives. Carmen is a sweetheart. We miss you guys!