Saturday, October 3, 2009

When things happen....


This has been an stressful week for me.... maybe I make it more streful for myself, but still, it's been stressful.
It all started when our car wouldn't start last Sunday. Our little old car...that we need so much, and it almost died on us. Two days of praying paid off. It survived somehow, but I am afraid it will die any day... and I pray for a miracle that that won't happen, since we have no money to buy one. Sometimes I start daydreaming about what it would be like to have an extra $15,000 to get a new car, I even think about those people( I always think of Dr Phil or Oprah...just because they are so generous) that give that amount of money to people in need and wonder if they knew about me would they give me some? .... dreaming again....
Anyway...then there is little old tv ( that is not even ours, we got it from Evan's parents) it is starting to do weird thing with the picture and I am afraid it will also die soon... and I mean...I could live without tv, but those two hours of a Disney movie where it seems like I don't have anybody home are PRICELESS...worth buying a tv...if I had any money! and let's not mention b-days coming up....Christmas.... why does anything have to cost money?
Then I think I would feel really stupid if some catastrophe was to happen and I had a nice car in the driveway and a nice tv in my living room but no food for my family....
To top it all I've been sick all week... being weak physically tends to make me weak emotionally as well...I really get so stressed that my heart hurts sometimes... but somehow I always think: I pay my tithing, I keep the commandments... He will bless me. And He does. And that is so comforting. And as long as I trust Him and put Him first...it all works out. That I know.
I am at peace.
It is a difficult time, but it will pass.... Evan will be done school, our debts will be paid, we'll have an income and we'll breathe!
I have everything I need.... and if I don't I've learned to do without, so problem solved...
(it would still be nice to have new car and a new tv, wouldn't it?)




6 comments:

Patricia said...

Tia........a veces yo tb sueño con k a la abuela de Fran le toque la loteria!!! Pero tienes tanta razon.....si viene una catastrofe de que te sirve el coche ahi fuera aparcado? Las cosas seran lo suficientemente buenas para que nunca os falte lo verdaderamente necesario..........Necesito hablar contigo por cierto! Esta tarde!!

Patrixjasyu said...

jolín Esther, entiendo perfectamente cómo te sientes, yo he llegado a llorar como loca cuando se rompía algo porque no teníamos dinero ni para repararlo ni, mucho menos, para reponerlo.
Como dice el refrán, a perro flaco todo son pulgas.
No sé cómo se solucionarán tus necesidades, pero en nuestro caso el pago de los diezmos (porque sé que era eso) hacía que en el último momento siempre llegara alguna "carambola" que hacia el milagro. Cosas increíbles, y mucha ayuda de otros sobre todo, que me ha ayudado a ser más humilde y compasiva también. Piensa en la empatía que puedes sentir ahora, una lección invalorable que de otra manera, tal vez, no habrías aprendido... y vinimos a la tierra a aprender cosas como esta y no a tener comodidades, aunque hagan falta (que tampoco soy tan ascética porras!)

Marta F. Rebollos said...

Di que si, Esther! Tienes mucha fe y estoy segura de que todo va a salir fenomenal!! Ya lo verás, todo pasa, y lo más importe lo tienes, que es esa familia preciosa y los convenios que habéis hecho con Dios, y eso Él lo tiene siempre presente!!

Lara said...

Animo Esther, solo piensa que las pruebas, sean lo que sean, nunca son eternas! A cada invierno le sigue una primavera!

{irene} said...

ay mari...asi estamos todos....yo estoy igual, pelada ya ahora ademas con la llegada de Diego...ya veremos...en fin mari...Dios proveera!

Andrea said...

Hey, have you tried Craigslist or Freecycle.org? TV's are often given away for free around here.