Monday, October 26, 2009

Inglaterra...



Evan wrote a song on his mission ( in Keigthley, to be exact) and named it "Inglaterra". It is one of my favorites, by the way.... and he sang it on our wedding reception in Spain.
But that's not what I was going to talk about... I actually wanted to talk about Inglaterra, England, the country.
We had dinner with the Leonard's on Sunday night. I had ne
ver met them before. Bro Leonard's brother was the bishop when I served in Dewsbury ( my last area). We became really good friends....his family is amazing. I love them so much. I can't really explain how much... it is the kind of deep love that you only acquire on your mission... no words that make it justice... anyway.... his brother and family moved here! They have a beautiful Yorkshire accent. It was like being in England again... they made us an amazing roast dinner with yorkshire puddings and everything!! and she made custard to go with my
apple pies! :D
....it made me be a bit nostalgic....
I miss my mission. I would go back in time on a heart beat.
We looked through our pictures and I realized that I forgot a lot of names... lots of memories came back... and I miss them all... I miss everything about my miss
ion. I loved it so much...even the "hard" times ( they were really not that hard.... what is having a companion that doesn't want to work compared to trying to get your 3 year old to behave d
uring Sacrament..... or your 5 year old to lean about obedience in FHE???.... yeah, rainy days, doors closed...not even close)
Anyway.... I feel so blessed I served a mission. I am glad I didn't allow myself to deprive me from the blessings of serving the Lord full time for a year ad a half....
It was amazing.... the blessings are amazing... England is amazing...its people are amazing....
We had an amazing night with the Leonard's.
These are the pictures of the two little pretty girls :D
( I forgot my camera... these were taken from the I-phone)

6 comments:

Marta F. Rebollos said...

Qué suerte, Esther!! Qué bendición haber sido misionera. Esos recuerdos tan especiales te acompañarán siempre!!!!!

Patricia said...

tia mi carmen!!! cuanto la echo de menos! k wapa está!

Lara said...

Aunq no haya servido mision, te entiendo con lo de inglaterra, yo tb lo echo d menos!

lorena said...

Mi hermano habla maravillas de Inglaterra y de su gente.

Sara said...

Se me habia olvidado que serviste en Inglaterra, Leeds verdad? Yo estuve viviendo un tiempo en Sheffield y me acuerdo de que alguien me dijo que serviste en ese barrio. Que pena no haberte visto con tu chapita.
Yo hay cosas que echo de menos de la mision como algunas familias, o especialmente el ensenar y hacer feliz a la gente. En cambio hay otras cosas que no las echo de menos para nada, como que te escupan, ir en bici con falda y a lo loco ensenando medio garment o gente extranya que te mira mal y se santiguan al ver la chapa...uy si tengo muchas historias. Esque los Griegos son los suyo.
Pero tienes razon que en general lo que te queda son los buenos recuerdos.

Patrixjasyu said...

Yo creo que la evocación es tan intensa porque son más que recuerdos, la misión llega a ser parte de una misma, de la persona que eres ahora y para siempre.
Después de todos estos años yo aún sueño, de vez en cuando, que soy misionera, que estoy predicando o que estoy con mi compañera o cosas así. Es impresionante.