Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Organize, Organize, Organize...

Last night for our family home evening we talked about ORGANIZATION. ... and apparently I greatly need it!
Evan told me that I have to live my life, not let LIFE live it for me.
This is a hard thing for me, since I feel I have very control of what I can do on a daily basis.
So he suggested to write down what I do everyday so I know where my time goes and then prioritize, set goals and work on then until they become part of my routine.
So what did I do today???
I got up, nursed Isabel. Then had a shower. Gave Carmen a bath while Evan had breakfast. Dressed them both, gave Carmen her breakfast. I had mine. I read all my emails. Cleaned the kitchen, did one load of laundry, folded the other two I did last night. Made snacks for the kids, put on a movie for them. Made some phone calls for Herbalife, send some emails to the WLC participants... Had lunch, get some for Evan. I watched my neighbor's daughter after that she came and visited for a while, then swept the floors for the 7th time today and now I sit down and write about it ...
what a fun day, eh????
And I still have dinner to make, work out with my trainer and more phone calls...
And just before going to bed... I'll watch my American Idol and read the scriptures to finish the day right!I guess that will be the time to sit down and set goals.... when there is peace and quiet...
I am stressed! Plus thinking about all of out commitments this week... I am stressed!
But at least we'll get out of the house today... not tomorrow though. All day with the kids, on my own.... Good thing I love them!! :D
Anyway... I wonder what Evan thinks of my day.... I wonder if he thinks he could do more than what I do.... I wonder ...

5 comments:

Marta F. Rebollos said...

Jjajajaj.... me suena eso!!! Oye, pues te ha cundido muchísimo. ¡No te quejes! :)
Mi sueño es poder aprovechar el tiempo sin estresarme, disfrutar de todo y sentir que hago cosas útiles sin que se me escapen los días sin darme cuenta.
En fin... dice el Pte. Monson que algún día echaremos de menos esta rutina... ¿?

Lara said...

jajajaja! yo esque creo que los hombre a veces se piensan que las mamis cuando se quedan en casa no hacen nada! ya me gustaria verlos a ellos, no harian ni una cuarta parte de lo que hacemos nosotras!

Andrea said...

Men! You need to go away for the week end and leave him with all the kids and a list of chores to do!

Anonymous said...

Probably he gave the lesson because he needs it more than you---so get him to show you how by his own example and go along with him---I'm sure it will help him greatly and you maybe a little. Don't tell him I said so---in fact don't tell him.. Bless him for having FHE and teaching correct principles. My son is trying valiantly.

lorena said...

Nosotros también tenemos reuniones de esas de vez en cuando...y la primera semana fenomenal...pero después...jajajajaja.