Thursday, February 12, 2009

Growing....changing....

i haven't had that much time to sit down and think, and write... but it seems that if I don't update my blog, I am saying that I have a boring life and nothing interesting happens.... I just don't take pictures :D... So at least i'll write anout it!
We are very excited about the business with Herbalife. Evan doesn't have a job now. He had to leave his tiling business and he's been able to be home and work on Herbalife full time, which is nice. It is not giving us much money for now, but we are expecting to progress in 2-3 months. In the mean time... drastic cuts in our budget :( .... so we are really reaping the blessings of paying tithing. The Lord will bless us as long as we keep the commandments.
This last month we've been able to see lots of family. Evan's grandad dies and all the 12 kids form the Clarke family came to the funeral. Carmen had so much fun playing with all her cousins. Jordan and Tracy ( and Maria, and Jane) stayed with us... that was Carmen's favorite part. It was a nice visit. It was ... less chaotic this time :D
Evan and I have volunteered for the Olympic games in 2010 here in Vancouver. He had to go to the training last weekend...which meant I was left ALONE to take care of the kids for the night... the day is fine, but at night... it could be more difficult. But thank goodness it was fine. I gave Isabel her bath while the others were still up, I put them to bed no problem and by 8:30 everybody was sleeping.... even Isabel. There was nothing good on tv, so by 9 I was also asleep!
Carmen has been asking me to let Isabel sleep with her in her room. The night before last night I told her that I would, and she woke up crying because Isabel was not in her crib. It broke my heart, so last night was the first night that Isabel slept on her crib, in Carmen's room!!!
She woke up at 5'30 and when I got in the room, Carmen was already up, had turned on the mobile and was shushing her ever soooo dearly.... carmen can be such a cutie :D I told her I would nurse her and bring her back so she went right back to sleep. When I returned her to her crib, Isabel woke up a bit and Carmen was like: She needs a toy.... she needs a pillow... but once she was asleep Carmen told me to leave!
WHen she got up at 8 came running to me and said: I didn't wake her up momy! I didn't!! she is still sleeping!
Bless her! I told her if she would wake her up and try to play with her while she was sleeping, that I would keep the baby in my room.. I am glad she was good, cuz I am excited about not having a baby sleeping in my room.
Anyway... Pictures, right???







9 comments:

Patricia said...

jolines tia...la Carmen esta hecha toda una hermana mayor o mas bien diria toda una mama?? k fuerte, k emocion! me encanta leer estas cositas! recuerdalas todas, apuntalas!! me muero de ganas de ver a mis sobris!! se me llena el corazon de pena por no tenerles aki...

Brittney said...

Isabel is so gorgeous! Just like your other kids. And that's so cute that Carmen is such a good little "mommy." She'll be a huge help in the coming months, I'm sure!

Marta F. Rebollos said...

Claaaaaaaro!!! Es que es muy emocionante dormir con una hermana pequeña!!! :)
Eres toda una madre corage :) (lo digo por lo de quedarte sola con tres) pero todo es acostumbrarse :)
Y suerte con lo del trabajo!!!!!!
Un beso

Marta F. Rebollos said...

Claaaaaaaro!!! Es que es muy emocionante dormir con una hermana pequeña!!! :)
Eres toda una madre corage :) (lo digo por lo de quedarte sola con tres) pero todo es acostumbrarse :)
Y suerte con lo del trabajo!!!!!!
Un beso

Sara said...

Que guapa esta Isabel. Por cierto yo tambien estoy tomando Formula 1. Solo por las mananas cuando tengo prisa. Pero en estos ultimos dias el olor me da mucho asco. Bueno un monton de cosas me dan asco, me da mucha rabia porque me gustan mucho sobretodo las barritas de chicolate y limon. Pero ahora no puedo ni probrarlas solo con pensarlo se me hace un nudo el estomago.
A la mujer que yo se las compro ha sido distribuidora durante 6 anyos, y que yo sepa el marido no trabaja, vamos que esta con ella en el negocio. Asique me supongo que les ira bien. Mucha suerte.

Sarahstottle said...

aww that's really cute! I'm glad Carmen is such a sweet big sister.

{irene} said...

Ay peri!!!..que rollo lo del trabajo de Evan, no?...pero ya veras seguro que lo del Herbalife empieza a funcionar super bien pronto!!...E Isabel es preciosa!!!!...cuando vais a venir a verme?????

Esther J. Clarke said...

Pues lo q mas mola es dormir solos!!jajajja
Me parece que me voy a tener q empezar a acostumbrar a quedarme sola con los tres, poruqe Evan empieza en la reserva (del ejercito)dentro de poco y son dos findes al mes completitos...ya veras la q me arman estos tres cuando este sola con ellos en la sacramental...

Andrea said...

Very sweet! I have only the fondest memories of sharing a room with my first little sister when she was a baby.