Monday, January 7, 2013

My list

My list of things to do this year:
As a wife: 
1. I want to have more meaningful dates.
Evan works on the weekends and he can hardly go on dates, but the few ones we have I want to make them special... because getting out with your husband is special, y'know?
whenever we get a chance to get out is normally rushed, last minute decisions ... so I want to have some ideas for dates already prepared and  choose one from the stack... and surprise ourselves :)
2. Appreciate Evan more.
I think that I put so much effort in looking at the negatives, that I don't appreciate the positive. 
Him being gone so much I tend to get used to not include him or even count him in.
I am used to do things on my own, sometimes I don't even give him the chance to do things for me...and when he does I act as if he doesn't deserve any recognition for it...after all I don't get a medal for everytime laundry gets done, or kids are bathed, or dishes are done and food is ready.
But that's wrong! And I have to be better at it.
As a mother:
1. Teach my kids music.
carmen and i have been having some piano lessons. i want to keep it up. and i want to sing with them.... we've thought about doing some recording ..... i'm excited!!!!!!
2. Have one on one time with each of them.
I want to go on dates with them. Evan has got to take them out a few times, but never me.
i took carmen out shopping and we had so much fun... so i want to do more things like that.
I also had a few times where i put them to bed and spend some time talking with them.
i've felt so overwhelmed with joy of having them that brought me to tears. they are amazing... i think i can be a better person if only i had more quality with them and learn of them.
As a homemaker:
1. Be more creative in my meals.
so try new recipes at least once a month!
I'm excited about this one.
2. Create a chore chart.
I've been thinking that 9 years of taking care of everything in the house by myself is enough, right?
So I've been giving the kids chores in the last few months after school.
Now I want to be more organized and make it more fun for them :D
I'm excited!

As a musician: 
( yeah, that's right, I am a musician...a role I had left behind too long ago)
1. I want to record music
i want to record songs with my kids, and with evan, and by myself.
i find really hard to accept compliments about my voice.
but the more i sing, the more i am grateful for my voice.
so yes, i am learning to appreciate my voice, my talent... so without meaning to sound conceited  i want to put my voice out there and give the the recognition it deserves.... starting from none better than myself.
2. I want to sing in more shows.
I've enjoyed so much to sing with evan at some events. and want to do it more... it's gonna take a lot of effort, but i hope i can make 3-4 appearances somewhere this year :D

other aspects of me i'm setting goals in are:
As a president of the rs: here the main one is creating unity in my presidency. I am so excited to start this year with a new presidency. my counselors are fantastic. and we want so bad to take our sisters to a higher level.
we've created our vision of the rs so i'll be working together with them into achieving them. at least in these ones i'll have extra support :D
And in my personal I have things like 1.have a thought book. so i don;t ever forget god's tender mercies towards me. 2. read at least 3 books from my bookshelf. so much knowledge right here in front of me, serving no one but for decorating :) 3. live the golden rule. i realize people come and go from your life and i hope i treat them with love and leave them better than i found them.... i want to be that kind of person :) 4. do something for me. and try really hard not to feel guilty about it. ( this involves service, spiritual progression, health and fitness, hobbies, meditating... maybe working outside the house? maybe look for more piano students, even spanish tutoring?....) and 5. last but not least... this year isabel is going into kindergarten and i want to go to start attending university classes with evan as a listener. i have so many interesting conversations with him about what he's learning that i want to share it with him. that i want in learning! i have not put so much "planing" on this because.....
i think i might go for the 4th baby this year too.... like getting pregnant in september... maybe ;) it just feels so weird to actually plan a baby!! hahaha
my kids are desperate for a baby in the house!
i might wait one more year....we'll see. whenever it feels right.... it's just so exciting to think about having another baby.... but I want to be ready. so maybe this year is to make myself ready :D

whatever this year brings me, i am certain it will be epic!
pres monson said: "your future is as bright as your faith"
so my main purpose is to go on with faith, to work with faith, to keep the faith.... to look to Jesus the author and finisher of our faith all the days of my life.

Happy year everyone!






5 comments:

Sarah-Lynn said...

that's a good list! I want to do so many of those things too! You're so lucky that you can teach your kids music. I wish. You have many roles- wife, mother, rs president, homemaker, musician. The question is how to fit it all in and do well? That's what I struggle with. Something always gets left behind...Do you have a secret?

Laura said...


you should take a look at this link for good dating ideas.

http://www.thedatingdivas.com/

Laura said...

you should check out the dating diva's blog for dating ideas.


http://www.thedatingdivas.com/

Esther J. Clarke said...

uhmmmm... why are you asking me??? i just want to accomplish all this.... not that i am a master at all of them! ;P but i guess... hard work is the secret... isn;t it the secret for eveything?

Sarah-Lynn said...

ha ha, yeah true!