Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Things I never thought I could do!

So this morning didn't start very different from other mornings. I did the usual: cleaning, dishes, breakfast, check emails, read blogs... and then I started cooking....again, this strong force moving me to make stuff. First a potato salad, then I started to make a roast ( to use my new crock pot for the first time) then I made chili and prepared some enchiladas for lunch.
Carmen asked me for a bath and because every time she has a bath Evan just stands there looking wanting so bad to get in there with her, I had both of them in the bath tub. It got kind of crazy...I can't believe how much he loved it! I would have taken some pictures, but he splashed all over and being on my own.... the camera would have been in danger. So i took this one of Evan after the bath. Doesn't he look so cute???



Then dress them both, feed them both (feed myself too), do some more dishes, I talked to my family through the Internet and I let Carmen watch some "Go Diego Go" before I put her to bed... too bad the baby didn't want to have a nap at the same time.
So...now I feel relaxed, a house tidy, babies content and I have a moment of peace. I think of what I have done today and I feel accomplished. It might seem like normal things people do but as I was in the middle of it I amazed myself. I couldn't believe that I was doing all that I was doing. I would have never thought I could do this, that I could manage all this on my own. What tells me how little we know about ourselves. For a moment I felt grateful for the way I am being stretched, for the challenges I have in my life that help me be all that the Lord wants me to become. I also feel good because I was able to make a meal for my neighbor who just had her first little girl. It might be a small act of service but I so wanted an opportunity like this, so I could do something for somebody. It make me feel like I am of some use to my fellowmen.
I guess I've had a good couple of days. I love every minute with my kids. Sometimes I get really stressed and tired of all the messes I have to clean in a day, but when I just sit down and watch them be happy playing... there's something that tells me there is nothing better than what I have just in front of me.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know exactly what you mean

{irene} said...

PERI!...esta shecha una madraza, y quiero que sepas que eres un gran ejemplo para mi!...Ni te lo imaginas!!!!!

Esther J. Clarke said...

gracias peri! ya dentro de poco te veo a ti haciendo lo mismo, hehehe.