Wednesday, August 8, 2012

truth will cut its own way

I am a super fan of Elder Holland. I know he is the way God uses to shake me up, wake me up and to get me to "shake off the chains by which I am bound" ( to quote 2 Nephi 1:13).
I can't tell you how much I loved reading this talk of his:


I am always afraid of becoming passive towards sin, just because it so easily slips into our lives.Sometimes we don't even know we are "welcoming" it into our homes.
By the way we talk, the way we dress, the movies we watch, the people we surround ourselves with....
Two things I am reminded of:
"... if there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things"
And:
"We are women of faith, virtue, vision and charity who:
... Stand for truth and righteousness"

I am grateful I have all the teachings, all the guidance, all the means to live a meaningful live.
To avoid error and shun sin.
There's nothing I am more convinced about in my life. That Jesus is the Christ and that his whole truth was restored through the prophet Joseph Smith.
To quote him: truth will cut its own way.

No comments: