Tuesday, August 14, 2012

births make mothers and mothers have birthdays


Lots of birthdays this month, but 3 main ones for me:

My mother's ( with my father in this picture)

To this day I am not really sure if she was born in 1949 or 1950.
She's not even sure herself.
But boy, I am glad she WAS born.
I love my mom.
I love her beyond words.
She's my hero.
Things she's lived, nobody might ever know. But I know just a few and she is my hero.
For some reason she has always been really strong and firm with everyone, but with me she's always been a softy.... and I've tried and will continue to try to love her back as much as she loves me.

my mother in law's ( with my sister in law, Laura in this picture)
sorry laura... i'm stealing this one :D

She is my other hero.
She's the best mother in law in the universe.
There's so many things I could tell you that she has said and done to rock my world, but I'll tell you the last, just because it shows how, in such little ways, she's just awesome:
we're preparing for the clarke's family reunion in a few days, and we were put in the same team to prepare dinner this one night. So after exchanging ideas and deciding on things... she sends me this email:
"love you. glad you're on my eternal team"
She is just full of these... and not just towards me... to everyone!
I love her!

and...
my SON, Evan's.
But his b-day is this friday and we have planned a big party, so I'll post some pictures then.
But I'll just say, he is my precious boy.
So handsome and sweet.
His teacher at church came to me yesterday to tell me he's such a loving boy in class.
And it is true.
He just melts my heart.
I love him!

So, hurray for August's birthdays and happy b-day to my favorite august's b-day people!

2 comments:

katie said...

it's my birthday too this month...just sayin...

The Painted Lady said...

August is a good month. Sarah's birthday is on the 3rd too!